Suave needs a favour again!

SuaveStar

Well, I'm sending an e-mail to the admissions lecturer on a media course at a university and was wondering if this made any sense in an e-mail.

Thanks for any help guys as I really want to get into this course and really think I need to kiss serious ass what with my "screwy" history.

I am e-mailing to enquire about the possibility of applying for the Bachelor of Arts in Media and Communication.

I have B's in higher Modern Studies and higher Drama in 2005.

In 2006 I studied NQ theatre arts.

In 2007 I studied in evening classes in stand up comedy, writing for the stage and screen and acting.

In 2008 I studied for a HND year one of communication with media.

In 2008-2009 I studied at the University of West of Scotland in BA Journalism, but after intense amounts of personal thought and talking with the lecturers on the course, it was agreed that the course was not right for me personally. Though it was and is a great course, it was just not the area of media I saw myself doing exclusively in ten years time. I decided to take the time I would have used studying over the past few months and used it to work out what I wanted to do with my life and what field of media I truly want to work in and that is the creative side of media, which would include video editing, radio production and working in PR fields.

I feel that learning about media in a broader range would help me gain more skills and be more employable in the media market as the field is getting to the stage in my opinion where you can no longer be an expert in one field, you need to take in everything you can from every facet of media and use it to your advantage, whether it be using PR skills to gain the confidence of someone while conducting an interview for a newspaper, editing down what you have written for an article down from 500 words to 200 would encompass some skills used in video editing, and writing where you would learn what to keep on the page and what to take out.

I feel that learning about media in a broader range would help me gain more skills and be more employable in the media market as the field is getting to the stage in my opinion where you can no longer be an expert in one field, you need to take in everything you can from every facet of media and use it to your advantage.

I would end the last paragraph there and then add pleasantries ("To Whom it May concern/Thank you for your time/Sincerely") and all that goodness.

Pretty good otherwise.