Futurama

JackFetch

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cancel the riot!

From the Toronto Star:

Los Angeles, Calif.-The Star has learned exclusively that the voice cast of Futurama has just signed a new contract with Fox after weeks of intense salary negotiations.

As late as last week, the network was threatening to replace the original voices of Matt Groening's cult-hit cartoon, to the point of actually announcing a casting call for voice actors to replace them.

The compromise agreement, with the studio paying more and the actors accepting less, comes after the announcement of a 26-episode pick-up here by Comedy Central. Futurama also airs internationally in syndication, has produced four bestselling straight-to-DVD movies (later cut into episodes).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know Futurama has long been plagued by continuity issues, but they've also deliberately stuck to some quite twisty threads, so this episodes contradiction of the origin of Bender was more than a little strange.

Yes, but don't say you didn't have a tear in your eye for the last two minutes.

I know Futurama has long been plagued by continuity issues, but they've also deliberately stuck to some quite twisty threads, so this episodes contradiction of the origin of Bender was more than a little strange.

Yes, but don't say you didn't have a tear in your eye for the last two minutes.

Eh, it felt a bit contrived, nowhere near the classic moments with Fry's nephew or dog. And that's not me being a robot, I shed a tear at the end of Toy Story 3 the second time I saw it.

Eh, it felt a bit contrived, nowhere near the classic moments with Fry's nephew or dog. And that's not me being a robot, I shed a tear at the end of Toy Story 3 the second time I saw it.

I'll agree it was contrived, and sort of was forced in, but it was the only part of the episode that got any sort of reaction from me.

I wondered if I was the only one who got a little misty-eyed with the one about Fry's dog.

Oh god no, Fry's dog and the deal with his brother and the seven leafed clover were the two finest moments in Futurama. Put it this way, nothing in any other animated half hour comedy has affected me like those moments did.