Games that need to be resurrected

Missy

• 2 months later...

Rocket Knight

Out of this World

OftW is one of the best dos games I've played, thoguh I can't remember the storyline.

Rocket Knight is an old sega platform game were you're an armadillo with a jet pack and a sword. Your trying to beat an army of pigs after they destroyed your town.

Seiken Densetsu, AKA Secret of Mana. Yes, I'm aware of the Sword of Mana game, but I really wish S-E would put something along the loines of that for the PS2, or something.

Oh yes, THE LOST VIKINGS.

BTW, if anyone can get Screenshots of the Lost Vikings in World of Warcraft, I would :wub:

• 7 months later...
  • 5 years later...

BUMP.

The comment earlier about no new ideas got me thinking about this. While the character design and screen view is very poor form, I really wouldn't be opposed to old games being redeveloped for newer systems. If it's one thing new games is lacking, is a heart, and so many old games needed to rely on substance because they couldn't sell themselves on graphics.

Growing up with the likes of Sierra, Lucasarts, SSI, I really miss having characters as central to a game, not just plot points to put in a cut scene.

I think there's too much of it already, given the trend of HD remixing games that aren't even more than a generation old. Now if we're strictly talking a return to old school design philosophies, then I'd obviously be on board.

Seeing as the origins of this thread predate even me, I'll be more than happy to name some franchises I'd like to see revived.

System Shock

Lost Eden

Streets of Rage

Road Rash

Power Stone

Eternal Champions

MDK

Burning Rangers

Journeyman Project

There are a ton more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...