Fantastic Four reboot

Missy

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, that's not quite what I meant. I didn't mean to suggest that it was only made to keep the rights (though I suppose I did technically say that), but more that it was the primary impetus for making the movie. Instead of "we have a great idea and we can/should make a great movie out of this," it's "we need to make an FF movie by X date; let's get something together by then." Not that I think they went out to make a bad movie or entirely didn't care, it's just that I don't believe that's a good place to start, creatively speaking.

You've pretty much described why every superhero movie ever gets made.

Yeah, because Ant-Man was a movie that desperately needed to happen, lest that lucrative property be lost.

Look at X-Men Origins: Wolverine. There was loose talk of a Wolverine movie, but Fox needed a proper X-Men movie to retain the rights, so they hurriedly tossed a bunch of mutants and subplots into a loose Wolverine narrative, slapped "X-Men Origins" onto the tittle, and put together something that even the filmmakers weren't proud of afterward. To the point of deliberately using Days of Future Past to wipe it all out.

Yes, every movie is there to make money. But they aren't all made equal.

Yeah, because Ant-Man was a movie that desperately needed to happen, lest that lucrative property be lost.

Which isn't at all what I said. I was responding to the revelatory statement you just made that these movies perhaps aren't simply created for the sake of artistic integrity or because there's a good creative reason.

And save the snark. It's not my fault you backtrack every single time someone calls you on some silly sweeping statement you make.

I've earned the right to be as snarky as I'll fucking please, thank you very much.

Learn to admit fault and concede a point once in a while and people won't cringe as much when engaging you.

I went in really wanting to enjoy it. The gleeful lynching the internet has given this thing is truly disgusting, and I got annoyed with it well before the film came out.

It's not a great movie. It's an average sci-fi flick, but as an F4 movie there are bones of a decent one in there. Key elements just don't happen, like Ben interacting with any of the four aside from Reed. He literally has no lines with Sue.

Doom's motivations were lazy and bad.

My biggest irritation is that it quickly turns into "Government the Movie". The whole damn thing takes place at Area 57. There's a main government character who I'm damn skippy we aren't privy to know exactly what his job is, just that he's super important. I hated that. If I wanted to watch a government movie, I'd watch Tinker Tailor Soldier or whatever. Watching spooks spy over super powered people is not entertaining in the slightest.

I don't know how to quit when I'm ahead and apparently think it's wise to insult moderators.

Edited by D.W.
Next time listen when this "jackass" gives you advice or you can enjoy a time out. And find some self-awareness. Seriously. You've been doing this shit for years.

I was watching Smeghead's VLOG about this movie and he mentioned that was the origin of the phrase in the movie. When he revealed that, I sat in my chair slack-jawed.

I was in the cinema when Ben's brother said it. I barely managed to keep it down to normal speaking tones but I very nearly yelled "WHAT. THE. FUCK!?!?".

Thank god there were only 5 other people in there with me...

• 3 months later...