The Smurfs

JackFetch

• 3 weeks later...

The official plot has been revealed, and it explains all the live action vs cartoon stuff.

Audiences everywhere are in for a Smurfy good time as the Smurfs make their first 3D trip to the big screen. When the evil wizard Gargamel chases the tiny blue Smurfs out of their village, they tumble from their magical world and into ours – in fact, smack dab in the middle of Central Park. Just three apples high and stuck in the Big Apple, the Smurfs must find a way to get back to their village before Gargamel tracks them down. The film is set for release August 3, 2011.

MaxPower wins a gold star.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TFG1Mike

Why does Gargamel look like a sex offender?

hmmm... I dunno, I find it very interesting that the guy that voices Apu on the Simpsons got cast as him though.

Love that John Oliver of the Daily Show is one of the smurfs. His presence is always the hallmark of great cinema, just look at The Love Guru.

And I love that his reasoning for taking it on was simply to get a laugh on his podcast!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...