Alan Wake

JackFetch

It was announced way back when the XBox 360 was announced, and the wait is almost over.

Alan Wake, a bestselling writer, hasn't managed to write anything in over two years. Now his wife, Alice, brings him to the idyllic small town of Bright Falls to recover his creative flow. But when she vanishes without a trace, Wake finds himself trapped in a nightmare. Word by word, his latest work, a thriller he can't even remember writing, is coming true before his eyes. He somehow knows it's his story without any memory of writing it.

This game is going to be a huge mindfuck:

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_alan_wake_presentation-13177_en.html

• 10 months later...

I bought a new XBox 360 tonight and got Alan Wake. The God awful controls made me immediately regret it. It seems like a good game story wise, but I just can't deal with the controls and the fact that I can't see an enemy behind me until I'm getting hit. Did I mention you die in only a couple hits from those enemies you didn't know were there until they hit you? I literally fell off a cliff trying to find the guy hitting me because you can't see a goddamn thing.

I never had a problem with the controls. Everything felt fine to me.

I did have dudes sneak up on me occasionally. They twist the camera and do a slow motion shot when an enemy is behind you and you haven’t seen them yet, but if you’ve already seen them they don’t bother. It can be a bit of a pain when you’re in the middle of a big fight.