Random video game thoughts

JackFetch

I have like 3000 MS points on my 360.

900 from having to buy points to download wolfenstein, and 2100 from a christmas present from one of my friends.

So, can anyone recommend a good platform game for XBLA? I have Castle Crashers so anything that's like that would be awesome. Also, it would be mostly single player, as I don't play online much anymore.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

900 from having to buy points to download wolfenstein, and 2100 from a christmas present from one of my friends.

So, can anyone recommend a good platform game for XBLA? I have Castle Crashers so anything that's like that would be awesome. Also, it would be mostly single player, as I don't play online much anymore.

Mega Man 9 or Bionic Commando Rearmed.

Mega Man 9 or Bionic Commando Rearmed.

Got Mega Man on the Wii, but will give BCR a shot then. Thanks Dubs.

Guest DCAUFan1051

dunno if this has been mentioned anywhere, but I just saw a ad on a website for Guitar Hero Van Halen.... really? I know GH is popular but wow why not have them tell us every band they'll be using for the next 20 years.. lol

dunno if this has been mentioned anywhere, but I just saw a ad on a website for Guitar Hero Van Halen.... really? I know GH is popular but wow why not have them tell us every band they'll be using for the next 20 years.. lol

Guitar Hero: Van Halen has been out for three months. Hell, they were giving it away free with Guitar Hero 5.

Rock Band 2 is still, for my money, the most replayable game in existence right now. I've got 200+ songs for it and even though the DLC has been really lacking in quality of late, I play it as often as I can.

I enjoyed Rock Band for the short amount of time I had it, but it's more of a group game, and I rarely had people to play with. When I did, I was always stuck being the singer. <_<

I'm not denying how fun it can be. But when plastic instruments start costing more than real ones, and every four months marks the arrival of a new boxed retail game for a hundred dollars, than it's safe to say it's being run into the ground.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Found out this morning how much I suck at playing Mortal Kombat 3 on the SNES... damn that game is hard for me... and I had it on the easiest settings! Now that is sad :D

I never could beat Shao Khan in MK3. Even if it was at easiest difficulty.

I barely got past Shang Tsung

Went to do a Bayonetta pre-order cause I wanted to pay it off and didn't have anything better to do. This is the conversation that occurred.

Me: Hey, I wanted to reserve Bayonetta.

Guy: PS3?

Me: Uh, no. 360.

Guy: Oh... you're one of those people.

Seriously? It's 2010. Why do gamers waste their time pledging some sort of unyielding loyalty to billion dollar corporations and then wear it like a badge of honor? These are game consoles, not political parties. It's even more absurd this generation since the major releases for the PS3 and 360 are largely the same. So you dropped $400 on a system and feel the need to justify your purchase. Get over it.

Went to do a Bayonetta pre-order cause I wanted to pay it off and didn't have anything better to do. This is the conversation that occurred.

Me: Hey, I wanted to reserve Bayonetta.

Guy: PS3?

Me: Uh, no. 360.

Guy: Oh... you're one of those people.

ONE OF US!ONE OF US!ONE OF US!ONE OF US!ONE OF US!ONE OF US!ONE OF US!ONE OF US!ONE OF US!ONE OF US!ONE OF US!ONE OF US!ONE OF US!ONE OF US!ONE OF US!ONE OF US!ONE OF US!ONE OF US!ONE OF US!

Seriously, the only reason I own a 360 compared to a PS3 is that the 360 came out first and I had the money for one.

Nintendo DS foils Illinois burglar

by Mike Smith

December 30 2:08 P.M.

A burglary was foiled this week when the thief apparently became engrossed in a Nintendo DS game, reports the Herald-News.

After breaking into a Joliet, Illinois apartment, the man appears to have been so taken with a game on the homeowner's Nintendo DS that he decided to stop ransacking her bedroom and play it. When the 22-year-old apartment owner returned, the thief fled, taking only a pink iPod Touch -- and leaving the DS.

"The victim's Nintendo DS was on, and it appears the suspect had been playing it," Deputy Chief Mike Trafton told the Herald-News.

Police are still seeking the game-addled thief. So if you notice an increased police presence at the DS racks in game stores around Illinois, now you know why: they're hoping he goes looking for another fix.

Source

Nintendo DS foils Illinois burglar

by Mike Smith

December 30 2:08 P.M.

A burglary was foiled this week when the thief apparently became engrossed in a Nintendo DS game, reports the Herald-News.

After breaking into a Joliet, Illinois apartment, the man appears to have been so taken with a game on the homeowner's Nintendo DS that he decided to stop ransacking her bedroom and play it. When the 22-year-old apartment owner returned, the thief fled, taking only a pink iPod Touch -- and leaving the DS.

"The victim's Nintendo DS was on, and it appears the suspect had been playing it," Deputy Chief Mike Trafton told the Herald-News.

Police are still seeking the game-addled thief. So if you notice an increased police presence at the DS racks in game stores around Illinois, now you know why: they're hoping he goes looking for another fix.

Source

Technically, since the guy still stole something, can you really say a robbery was foiled?