Request Thread

Dread

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Die Hard is the ultimate Guy's Movie, you need to accompany it with the Ultimate Chick Flick like Steel Magnolias, Pretty Woman, basically anything Julia Roberts.

What you need to do for April Fool's is do a role reversal where you choose a Chick Flick that has most of the features of a Guy Flick (Elizabeth, Kill Bill, or Thelma and Louise comes to mind) and a guy flick that has Chick Flick qualities (The Shawshank Redemption, Field of Dreams, or Good Will Hunting.)

Overall, this is sounding like a rather fun podcast. Looking forward to it.

We will only be doing one movie per episode. For a run-time of about 30 minutes tops.

What we thought we'd do for April Fool's (or all the episodes in April) is for me to choose the chick flick and her to choose the guy flick (or Dick Flick as Megan is fond of saying).

We'll see.

I'm very happy with the response thus far.

January 21st will have the first episode which will be a neutral film and then going off into a chick flick for episode two and one of the best movies ever made for episode three (my pick).:)

I'd love to hear Des Tear apart Die Another Day :D

Only if Megan picks it on a whim in April or during another special event. I do the guy flicks and seeing as I hate most Bond films, only Dalton will get the spin from me.

Mr. & Mrs. Smith?

Mortal Kombat?

Noted and filed.

Cheers.

OK, with this theme I'm bumping up Rocky IV to a must see. Its the ultimate guy-film. Rambo goes up a few notches too, one of my all time favourite action films.

On the chick-flick side I'd say Pride & Prejudice, Notting Hill, Four Weddings and a Funeral, maybe some girly sports movies like Stick It or Bring it on.

one of the best movies ever made for episode three (my pick).:)

Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes??

OK, with this theme I'm bumping up Rocky IV to a must see. Its the ultimate guy-film. Rambo goes up a few notches too, one of my all time favourite action films.

On the chick-flick side I'd say Pride & Prejudice, Notting Hill, Four Weddings and a Funeral, maybe some girly sports movies like Stick It or Bring it on.

one of the best movies ever made for episode three (my pick). :)

Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes??

You'll have to see! Great recommendations.

You said it was thrice monthly, meaning three a month, is that right?

Yes, it will be airing on the Thursdays that For Your Ears Only does not run. Which, in a normal four-week month, would be three times.

That's right, Des & Mrs Des pick up the slack of myself and Adham for 75% of the month. It's just like the good old days of the Empire!

Sin City

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

The Devil Wears Prada

Star Trek: First Contact

Save the Last Dance

Sweet Home Alabama

Hunt for Red October

The Prince and Me

Spawn

Sense and Sensibility (1995)

Master and Commander

Mansfield Park (1999)

L.A. Confidential

Clueless

Does Men With Brooms count?

Sin City

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

The Devil Wears Prada

Star Trek: First Contact

Save the Last Dance

Sweet Home Alabama

Hunt for Red October

The Prince and Me

Spawn

Sense and Sensibility (1995)

Master and Commander

Mansfield Park (1999)

L.A. Confidential

Clueless

Does Men With Brooms count?

All great examples. Added. Sin City's high up on the list already as is 300. Men With Brooms? I'm not sure. meg andI have already seen it. Is it a guy's film? I'm not sure, let me know what you think. Justify it and we'll throw it in rotation.