Every comic you've read in 2010

Missy

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Planetary, Volume 1: All Over the World and Other Stories - I'd caught a lot of the hype about this book back when it debuted, picked up a single issue, didn't think much of it and moved along. Now it seems like I merely dodged a loaded freight train. I still don't think much of that particular issue (#3, about the Hong Kong ghost cop) but in the context of the surrounding issues, it's much more at home. This is the kind of Warren Ellis book I adore - when he's not so caught up in trying to look smart that the story loses its entertainment factor, but he's also not so shackled by editorial interference that his imagination can't rightfully soar. There's a certain disjointedness to this series, with each self-contained issue reaching its final pages before the timing really seems appropriate, that's both eyebrow-furrowing and captivating. It's like the characters' lives are going onward and upward, and we're just afforded a spot in the passenger seat for as long as they'll allow it. There's some really great material in here, from the team's discovery of an ageless super-genius in a long undisturbed WWII-era bunker, to the island full of gigantic monster corpses, and it's all treated with the same stoic lack of skepticism made popular by the glory days of The X-Files. Ellis can send his readers on a voyage like few others, and he's got a tremendous partner in John Cassaday to vibrantly bring the creatures occupying his imagination to life. Fascinating work, despite a few trivial rough edges.

8/10

The Walking Dead, Volume 2: Miles Behind Us - The tone of this collection is markedly different from the first, and from the one which coats the series today. Unlike the present - where the troupe has grown calloused and deadened - or the title's first issues, when they were all in a shared state of shock, there's a surprising sense of optimism and hope between these covers. The group is still feeling their way around, making mistakes and paying the price, but they haven't given up on the world at large. Those distinctions add up to a plot that's more in-your-face and less introspective, for better and for worse. Budding relationships sprout with almost as much frequency as the zombies that instigate them, which in turn reveals a lot about the cast and their motivations. And, of course, Kirkland continues his complete disregard for the rulebook, killing off major faces when we least expect it. Charlie Adlard's first workout with the series isn't his finest hour, but it's more than serviceable and leads me to appreciate his current output that much more. A fine addition to the collection that laid the groundwork for the greatness it's producing today.

7.5/10

Wanted - Screw all the haters, I enjoyed the hell out of this series. Mark Millar's been derided in the past, sometimes deservedly so, but I thought his work here was above reproach. It wasn't the next Watchmen, nor was it as fundamentally sound as The Ultimates, but in terms of pedal-to-the-metal action this is near the top of my list. I loved the relentless pace, the set of unpredictable twists and turns and the infectious, pants-crapping excitement Millar brought to the page. Is this going to win any literary awards, or earn a spot under lock and key in the library of congress? Of course not. It's deliberately lewd, which is half the point, and often comes off as dumber than the premise really is. It reminds me of something Garth Ennis might write, if he didn't have such an irrational hatred of superheroes. It's blunt, breakneck and ballsy, and I just couldn't put it down. A terrific concept, a twisted sense of humor, and a tight conclusion. Thumbs up.

8.5/10

Wolverine: Enemy of the State - Yeah, I loaded up on the Mark Millar this holiday. I liked this rendition of Logan and his greater supporting cast enough, but Enemy of the State's plot feels a bit thin. I get that the big idea is to put an unconscionable Wolverine against the heavy hitters of the Marvel Universe and see who comes out on top, but that doesn't mean nothing else can be going on in the meantime, does it? Millar gets so caught up in the moment that he seems to lose track of time and subsequently hurries the ending, which keeps the whole bundle from living up to its full potential. Likewise, John Romita, Jr's compositions are as good as ever, but the inks of Klaus Janson give his work a very dated, heavy-handed look that doesn't always suit it. There's plenty of fun to be had here, especially if you've ever wondered who'd win in a no-holds-barred brawl between Logan and the Fantastic Four, but it could've been so much more.

7/10

Comics: 7, TPB: 5, Graphic Novel: 1

American Virgin vols. 2-3: I just put in an order for the final volume, volume 4. I don't think this is the next great Vertigo series that will go down in history like Preacher, Sandman, and Y: The Last Man, but it is an enjoyable title that does deal with adult themes of sex and religion. The characters are all highly unlikable, yet they do grow on you, especially in volume 3 when you start to feel sympathetic for their plight. I think more than anything I'm interested in seeing where this goes and seeing how much more Adam matures as a man who is faced with doubt in everything he believes in. It's an enjoyable series that will make you think a bit, but it's not one of the all time greats.

Incredible Hercules Against the World vol. 1: Speaking of all time greats, we're talking about freaking HERCULES man. I heard a lot about this series, and really it's just pure fun, through and through. I don't think it convinced me to pick up more, especially when there's so many other titles I'm interested in. But I really enjoyed this volume that I read. It's pure comic book, it's got a lot of cheese, but it knows what it is and it doesn't fail to be fun with it. I enjoyed it. I'm not familiar with all the characters, and they really do all come off as D-listers but Pak uses them all quite well, and makes the action seem epic and an entertaining story out of it, even with a bunch of C and D-listers.

Comic Books: 1

TPBS: 10

X-factor vol. 4, X-men: Messiah Complex, X-factor vol. 5-7, X-factor: Layla Miller, Authority: Relentless, American Virgin 1-3, Incredible Hercules: Against the World.

Outsiders volume 1: The Judd Winick run.

After saying shit about Winicks Batman run, and being called out for it, I decided to give him another chance, so I came here, a cheap seven issue trade.

It was fun, it was interesting and enjoyable, but it didn't have anything to make me want to read more of the run, I just finished the final issue and said "It was alright" the art was nice, and Winicks writing was mostly good, all in all, it was not bad. But like I said, nothing I plan to read any more of in the near future.

Secret six 17: a good issue, and the writing of Waller as a real bad ass is still awesome. Going to read the next issue, then switch back to trades on the six.

Secret Six: Unhinged. This read a lot better as a trade than it did as the single issues for me last year. Before I didn't get what happened between issues fours cliffhanger into five, but here, it made sense. As did the addition of the new member. Really enjoyed reading this in trade, as it flowed a lot better and I love the use of Bane here. He has never felt so awesome to me, and I read Knightfall.

Billy Batson and the magic of Shazam #8, 9 and 11: Fun comics, never really cared about the character of Shazam before, and pick up these on a whim. Well, this may become a monthly for me, as this is just a fun superhero comic. Which is something I don't get to read much anymore, and the cheaper pricetag and the nice fun art, make it a steal.

Modok: Reign Delay. Along with an issue of Shazam. I didn't pay for this, but I really wanted to read it, as it seemed like a good concept. Having read it, I don't think it was worth the $3.99 price tag, and the art and jokes fell flat in places, but overall, I enjoyed this as a simple easy comic, that when I want to read something light, I'll look at this. This was a one and done, and it doesn't make me want to read more stuff with MODOK in it, but at the same time, I wouldn't mind if he showed up in a comic.

Iron Man #22(Stark Disassembled part 3) Dr Strange shows up. This felt like a set up comic for the next issue, and made me realise that I was making the right move, going to trade after Stark Disassembled ends. Arts nice, and the writing is ok, but it's just a set up. Nothing else.

Wolverine #57-58. This was in a UK comic, the ones that cost around 3 pounds, and carry three issues of a comic from around two years ago. This issue drawn by Howard Chaykin is all about Wolverine actually being killed and facing the Marvel version of Nekron. I hate Chaykins style that makes everyone look the same, with cabbage patch heads, and awful bodies. Dr Strange talked to Tony Stark here about Logan, and if it wasn't for Stark being dressed as Iron Man, without the helmet, I wouldn't be able to tel the difference. Story was average, art was poor.

Cable and Deadpool #46. Fabien Nicenza should always write Deadpool. Came in the same thing as Wolverine, but was a lot better. Although you have to know some stuff about Marvel and the FF to get some of what's going on (Storm and Black Panther being on the team for some reason) you don't really have to. and I didn't care. Art was alright, good fun Deadpool.

Trades: 5

HC:0

Comics: 18

GN:0

Leave it to Chance: Monster Madness and Other Stories - Flagrant false advertising. There's only one other story. Despite being the shortest collection it's also the best. Monster madness has it all; A vampire, a mummy, a werewolf cop, a new (possible) romantic interest and Robinson gets to indulge his interest in movies. The second story is the most entertaining zombie story I've ever read. No I haven't read Walking Dead or Marvel Zombies but I'll bet neither series involves the zombies playing hockey. The only serious flaw is, again, the price, 14.95 US for three comics. 9/10

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine #1-2 - Well, these were a waste of money. The art is muddy unless the artist is drawing breasts and asses and the station looks pretty empty for a story where over crowding is a plot point. The story itself takes two issues to do something that could have been done in one and lacks any of the humor or personality of the TV series. 3/10

Joe the Barbarian #1 - Eh. The art is nice. "Teddy Bear Alley" and "Starbase Heights" are cute names. Might pick up the trade but the tail end makes me concerned this book is falling more on the random gobbledygook end of the Grant Morrison spectrum. 6/10

Green Lantern Corps #44 - Something about Red guy makes me feel warm and fuzzy. :) 7.5/10

Starman #81 "Why you adorable prune." God I missed James Robinson's Shade. He's a great character and this relationship with Hope adds a whole new layer of complexity. Their interactions were great especially when she found out his real name. I want a Shade and Hope ongoing. NOW. My only gripe is every now and then the art got a little confusing, but if fit the mood. 9.5/10

Comic Books: 10

TPBs: 2

HCs: 6

Joe the Barbarian #1 - Eh. The art is nice. "Teddy Bear Alley" and "Starbase Heights" are cute names. Might pick up the trade but the tail end makes me concerned this book is falling more on the random gobbledygook end of the Grant Morrison spectrum. 6/10

That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

Silver Streak Comics #24 (Next Issue Project #2)-I'm more in love with this concept than I am the delivery. Erik Larsen's pet project is picking up on the next issue of cancelled Golden Age issues 60-70 odd years after they were cancelled. There are a couple of spectacular stories in here but they're outnumbered by duds. 5/10

Captain America Reborn #5-Finally got halfway decent and it's far too late. having read Who Will Wield the Shield, this issue, and the next one means fuckign nothing. I'm fucking sick of Marvel and this bullshit. Get your fucking ducks in a row. On its own? 7/10. In the grand scheme? 2/10.

Arkham Reborn #3-Loved this. Ugly cover by Guillem March but Haun on the inside is superb. Add that to the greatness that is David Hine, and I hope they do something else together soon. 9/10

The Marvels Project #4-Officially the only Marvel book worth a damn. 8/10

Green Lantern Corps #43-bet this made a lot of Kyle fans breathe a sigh of relief. Excellent as usual. 9/10

Green Lantern #49-Not really a John Stewart fan. Nor am I of Ed Benes. This felt a lot like filler. 3/10

Blackest Night #6- I adore the new deputies and the ante has been upped. Dig it. 8/10

Blackest Night Flash #1- Liked this a lot. feels good to read Johns' Flash and Kolins is born for this book. 8/10

Blackest night Wonder Woman #1-Am I the only one who thought "meh" after reading this. I thought it was a bit of a lame duck. Scott's art was uneven throughout and Lord could have been played as a much better villain. But seeing as Rucka was forced into writign this, I'm not surprised. 2/10

Image United #2-Good God. I intiitally bought these on a nostalgia kick but my eyes have been raped by this book for the last time. 0/10

Nightwing: The Lost Year-The Dick and Babs story gave me chills and tears. the follow-up was, thought not as powerful, pretty great too. Though the artist change-up was annoying as Bosco can't hold a candle to Igle. 7/10

Agents of Atlas: Dark Reign- I think this was the first story I've read with osborn as an effective presence. I love this book. Marvel is infinitely stupid for cancelling it. 9/10

Irredeemable volume 2- The first volume didn't light me on fire but I felt like it would go somewhere good. And I was right. Dark, superb and cleverly written. Krause's art is much better in this one. 8/10

Nightmare World-Excellent. I've read most of these onnline already but for the final story and the prose story which follows. I loved it. Great, intelligent, intertwined horror stories in the vein of Twilight Zone with Lovecraftian lore and a modern edge. 9/10

Comic books: 23

Trade paperbacks: 8

Graphic novels: 0

Omnibuses: 2

Arkham Reborn #3-Loved this. Ugly cover by Guillem March but Haun on the inside is superb. Add that to the greatness that is David Hine, and I hope they do something else together soon. 9/10

Des, don't know if you know or not, but they're continuing the Arkham stories in Detective Comics #864 in next month's Previews.

Agents of Atlas: Dark Reign- I think this was the first story I've read with osborn as an effective presence. I love this book. Marvel is infinitely stupid for cancelling it. 9/10

Marvel apparently realized their stupidity, because they're relaunching it in a few months.

Blackest night Wonder Woman #1-Am I the only one who thought "meh" after reading this. I thought it was a bit of a lame duck. Scott's art was uneven throughout and Lord could have been played as a much better villain. But seeing as Rucka was forced into writign this, I'm not surprised. 2/10

I'll agree. I'm probably one of the biggest Wonder Woman fans on the board and even I'll agree that this is filler, plain and simple. The second issue was better but even it doesn't really add too much to the story.

Avengers vs. Atlas #1 - One issue in, and this mini's already miles ahead of X-Men vs. Atlas. Lots of fun nods and appearances from classic Avengers history. Jeff Parker's writing is sharp as always and Gabriel Hardman's art is brilliant as always. Can't wait to read the rest of the mini. 8/10

Joe The Barbarian #1 - Loved it. Nice set up issue with the last few pages hinting at how crazy things are about to get. Sean Murphy's art was GORGEOUS and I can't wait to see what he brings to the page next issue. It's only a buck, so go out and give it a shot. 8/10

Marvel Boy: The Uranian #1 - This was an okay issue. A mildly interesting start to the origin of Bob Grayson. Felix Ruiz's art reminded me a lot of Tomm Coker's. I liked it for the most part, but a lot of his people were a bit wonky at times. He absolutely nailed the scene with the Uranians though. Definitely a style that would benefit otherworldliness. The Golden Age reprints were nice for their historical nature, but weren't that great. 6/10

Secret Origins #50 - This issue has a story written by Grant Morrison concerning how Wally West and Jay Garrick met post-Crisis. There's a number of nice nods to the original Silver Age stories where Barry and Jay would team up. It's told from an interesting point of view, that of an 8 year old boy vising Central City. A couple of times, the illusion of this is broken however when the boy's writings sound like those written by an adult and not an elementary schooler. Overall, it's a fun little tale, but not one of Morrison's best. 6/10

Pinocchio Vampire Slayer OGN - This is basically a continuation of the original Pinocchio story in which Pinocchio defends the village he calls home from vampires with stakes generated from his nose. For those unfamiliar with the original Pinocchio tale, there's a hilarious comic strip in the beginning that explains it. As for the story itself, it's pretty good. The only thing keeping it from being great is that the ending is one that can be seen from a mile away. Besides that, it's a fun story with just the right amount of drama and lots of staked vampires. The artwork is a little rough and scratchy, and perfectly fits the story. I hope that this is the first in a series and not merely a one-off, as there's still a lot that can be told from the concept. 7/10

Spider-Man/Human Torch: I'm With Stupid Digest TPB - In this five issue mini-series, the relationship between Spider-Man and the Human Torch is examined throughout the periods of comic history. You can tell from reading this that Dan Slott is truly a Spider-Man fan. He perfectly captures the feeling of Spider-Man stories from the Silver, Bronze, and Modern Ages, right down to how goofy they could be. He also hits just the right beat of drama that's always present in Spider-Man's life. Ty Templeton's art is a bit on the cartoony side and is a perfect fit for the book. I would read an out of continuity ongoing series by the duo in a heartbeat. 8/10

Total

Comic Books: 4

TPBs: 1

HCs:

Graphic Novels: 1

Manga:

Joe the barbarian: Looked nice, was $1. I'll get the trade.

Cowboy/Ninja/Viking #3: Well, this was a bit disappointing, some of the art felt unfinished in places. Still, I enjoyed it. Going to go to issue 5 then switch to trades.

Batman/Judge Dredd files: Fuck me, was this awesome. I loved this, and it makes me want to read more of Dredd. Sad it was only three stories though. Going to have to go through them one by one here:

Judgment on Gotham: Read this last year. Awesome story still, the best in the book, and makes the Scarecrow a real badass, which he should be. I didn't like the art at first, and I thought it was ugly, but reading the story, it not only fit, but it was fucking gorgeous. I want some of this on my wall.

The ultimate riddle: This was the poor middle story. The riddler is ivolved and it ties into zero hour, and I just was bored reading it.

Die laughing: Good damn, was this good. Joker was alright, and this was a Judge Dredd story, with Batman. I loved the art here again, and the story went along with it, although it was a little far fetched, didn't make it any less fun, and was a great story and was sad to see it end. Though some of the faces here were a little too cartoony.

All in all, this is an awesome book. The only problem is the riddler story was average, and in a book with two awesome book ends, you can't go wrong with that.

Can anyone recommend any more Judge Dredd stories that are as fun as this?

Trades: 6

Comics: 20

Captain America 62 was weak sauce. I want Bucky Cap vs 50's Cap, not some unhelpful analysis of the people who take Fox News seriously. They could have used another storyline with 50's Cap building in the background, instead it just feels like they are taking a major plot point and using it to fill time until Steve Rogers actually gets a job post-Siege. And this is from someone who, unlike Des, likes Captain America Reborn. This bullshit where stories hop ahead before they are finished has got to stop. Let Reborn end, then deal with the rest of this stuff. By the time Siege is in full swing it might all make some sense.

Superman/Batman: The Search for Kryptonite

I read this over a year ago and thought it was crap. For some reason, I really enjoyed it this time around. Shane Davis' version of Superman is maybe my favorite visual representation of the character (younger and neither overly muscled or extremely skinny), and his Batman is pretty nice as well. The lead-lined suit that Superman wears is extremely cool, and lots of fun to look at. Much of the art style seems like Shane was trying to imitate Jim Lee, and it works about 80% of the time. Shane doesn't have the masterful knack for panel framing that Lee does, but he's not bad either.

The actual story was pretty good, right up until the end. Having Lana Lang completely betray Superman for reasons that make no sense for her character was a plot element that I wasn't willing to accept. It felt contrived, and was (I think) what left a bad taste in my mouth the first time I read it. Still, though, the rest of the story was good enough that I can't completely dismiss it. There were some nice nods to Smallville (mentioning the mutative potential of Kryptonite), which actually came off pretty nicely.

Overall, I liked the book. Can't quite say I loved it, but I liked it a lot more than I expected to.

Comic Books: 0

TPBs: 1

HCs: 1

Graphic Novels: 0

So I've been reading a lot of Dark Reign related material and I've found it all to be pretty fun.

Thunderbolts: Burning Down the House - This was a reread and I liked it more the second time around. Again, the wrapping up of storylines with the characters from Ellis' run was really excellent and again the second half is weaker comparatively. But it is all still pretty fun. The plot is a ton of fun, and in all honesty the only thing holding this book back is the weakness and unfamiliarity of the characters. There is only one A-lister in Osborn, and the rest are all unfamiliar. They bring up some intriguing plots and this team works together much better than the other one which takes a bit of fun out, but Diggle seems to be weaving in seeds of paranoia amongst the team. We'll see where it goes but this went over much better with me the second time around.

Dark Avengers: Assemble - Again another, re-read. This one is more Norman Osborn, there's less focus on the other characters like Ellis run had, and that is a bit disappointing because I really like Bullseye, Venom, and Moonstone in Ellis Thunderbolt run. I think Bendis does a pretty good job getting the concept across and writes Norman very well, and that's what this first volume is here for along with setting up the relationship between Osborn and Doom. Again, I wish they had gone on a more PR-friendly adventure instead of helping Doom because it would help the flow of the book. Also Daken and Noh-Varr have very little personality in this and really don't need to be there.

Dark Reign: Deadpool - Man I keep getting disappointed by the Deadpool books, what I though should have been a really fun crossover with the new Hawkeye, ended up letting me down. Not nearly as fun as it should have been and not nearly as fun I expected. Fewer laughing moments than the previous volume. There are still some ridiculous sequences and it was funny, but less so than usual.

Secret Warriors vol. 1 - I really liked this, it seems like Hickman is setting something big up and it's a little off the beaten path compared to a typical Marvel hero book. It's more of a spy book than anything else, and there's a lot of characters being juggled here and it's all done pretty competently. This more of a book about Nick Fury than anybody else and it's a good book that really knows how to build to a climax of act 1 in issues 5-6. I liked it, I'll stick with it, as it's right up my alley. I think it'll take at least one more tpb to really gear up and see if it's worth sticking long term, but I thoroughly enjoyed the first volume, so I'll definitely give it the chance.

TPBS: 14

X-factor vol. 4, X-men: Messiah Complex, X-factor vol. 5-7, X-factor: Layla Miller, Authority: Relentless, American Virgin 1-3, Incredible Hercules: Against the World, Dark Avengers Assemble, Thunderbolts Burning Down the House, Deadpool vol. 2, Secret Warriors vol. 1

Nightmare world. Volume 1.

Fun short stories, a couple were miss, and felt like they were just filler, and others were really fun. I liked the different art styles in here, and all in all it was a fun read. As the stories were short and self contained, and sometimes through you in, it was great short fast reading.

Trades: 7

Comics: 20

Spider-Woman: Origin

A mostly bland, heartless story with flat, lifeless art. This series was supposed to make us care about Spider-Woman, but I walked away caring less for the character.

Thoughts in Earth-2.net: The Show 377

Avengers: World Trust

Secret Warriors: God of Fear, God of War

Astro City: Life in the Big City

Thoughts in Earth-2.net: The Show 378

Aladdin: Legacy of the Lost #1

Army of Two #1

Conan: The Weight of the Crown

Joe the Barbarian #1

Outsiders #26

Comic books: 11

Trade paperbacks: 10

Batman & Robin #7: Finally, this series is getting back on track. The art here is alright, if nothing special, the writing, is ok, and all round this is a solid set up issue for what happens next in this book which I can't wait to see.

Green Lantern #50: Well, that was fast. This was some really good Mahnke art here, even if nothing much happened bar the big reveal at the end, which the cover gives away and the opening sequence, which is awesome. A good solid comic, but nothing special here as well. Not been reading much BN and really only picked this up as it's 50th issue, and it felt light, like I wasn't getting my moneys worth.

Trades: 7

Comics: 22

It's only the first month, and this is my tally. I really need to stop picking up so much.

I should remember to keep up on this.

Absolution #6 - Felt more like the start of a new story arc than the proper end to a mini. Hopefully, they pick back up on it at some point.

Blackest Night: Wonder Woman #2 - What the hell happened here? A complete waste that makes me question the need for three issues. Also, Scott has always been inconsistent, but she's utterly dreadful here. Just embarrassing.

Green Lantern Corps #44 - An absolute home run of an issue. Not only was the story pitch-perfect, but it has what may very well be my favorite double page spread of any comic I've ever read. Five stars.

Green Lantern #50 - I'm so glad I don't read the solicitations for this stuff. Yeah, the cover gave it away, but it's a testament to the writing that it still came off as a huge moment.

Blackest Night: JSA #2 - Completely serviceable. There are a lot of different directions that it can take with the major turn that occurs here, though I fear they may ignore it completely.

Blackest Night: Flash #2 - Could Rebirth be any more insignificant at this point? The Rogues need their own book.

Cowboy Ninja Viking #3 - Crazy, insane fun.

Mass Effect: Redemption #1 - One of the few modern day game stories I care to follow. Good stuff, though not huge on the art.

Complete Alice in Wonderland #2 - This rules.

Orc Stain #1 - The only way to read this comic is with Gwar playing in the background. This is straight out of an issue of Heavy Metal and I love it.

Psylocke #2 and #3 - Picked this up because it's Marvel trying to actually do something with an underused character. A little too much Wolverine for my liking, but I've enjoyed it thus far.

Plus 4 IIWY books - Doctor Who #7, Fearless Dawn #2, Superman/Batman #68 and Thunderbolts #140.

Comic Books: 22

TPBs: 0

HCs: 0

Graphic Novels: 0

Fell vol. 1: This book is amazing! The less said about it the better. Every issue stands on its own, its kind of like a dark bleak crime noir version of Planetary.

I've got a whole bunch of Brubaker to read and I need help decided what to read first: I've got Incognito, Sleeper/Point Blank, and Criminal. I think it'd be best to read it from the worst to the best as not to get outblown from the story before, but I'd like to hear what you guys suggest.

TPBS: 15

X-factor vol. 4, X-men: Messiah Complex, X-factor vol. 5-7, X-factor: Layla Miller, Authority: Relentless, American Virgin 1-3, Incredible Hercules: Against the World, Dark Avengers Assemble, Thunderbolts Burning Down the House, Deadpool vol. 2, Secret Warriors vol. 1, Fell

Thoughts in Earth-2.net: The Show 378

Aladdin: Legacy of the Lost #1

Army of Two #1

Conan: The Weight of the Crown

Joe the Barbarian #1

Outsiders #26

IIWY?

Greek Street #7

Brave and the Bold #31

Comic books: 30

Trade paperbacks: 8

Omnibuses: 2

Avengers/X-men Utopia - I read this at a Barnes and Noble and I'm glad I didn't buy it, because it wasn't very good. It set up the new status quo for the X-men, and was less of a crossover between the Dark Avengers and X-men and more of X-men with cameo appearances by Norman Osborn and the Dark X-men. I liked the idea of the Dark X-men being a secondary team to represent mutants, but it was only a short term story idea. I only read the main arc, I didn't bother reading the Legacy side story, or the Dark X-men miniseries which looks at each member of the Dark X-men and the reasoning/mindset behind them joining the team. I read a couple of them...Norman/Namor and one other I think, they seemed to be good if you like the characters, I really just like the idea of villains acting as heroes, plus I was burn out (this was a huge book) and thus just skipped it and put it back on the shelf. Kind of annoyed by the story as a whole, as it's just a lot posturing and politics with nothing really happening. While I like the politics stuff with Normie in Dark Avengers Assemble I didn't care too much for any of it here, it didn't seem as sadistic, it was all lacking oomph. Like I said, this is more for X-fans than for Avengers fans.

TPBS: 16

X-factor vol. 4, X-men: Messiah Complex, X-factor vol. 5-7, X-factor: Layla Miller, Authority: Relentless, American Virgin 1-3, Incredible Hercules: Against the World, Dark Avengers Assemble, Thunderbolts Burning Down the House, Deadpool vol. 2, Secret Warriors vol. 1, Fell, Avengers/X-men: Utopia