• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From the website:

If you are purchasing your badge(s) on or before 11:59 PM CT on February 1, 2019 your badge(s) will be mailed via USPS to the address you enter. International orders will have the option to mail their badges or pick them up at Will Call. If you order 5 or more badges, please note that Priority shipping will be automatically added to your order to ensure delivery. After December 13, 2018, we will not be able to make edits to your mailing address. Please note that badges will not begin to mail until the beginning of March.  If you purchase your badge after the badge mailing deadline, you will have to wait in line at Will Call to pick up your badges. If you are purchasing after 11:59 PM CT on February 1, 2019, please bring your printed confirmation to McCormick Place to pick up your badge. Otherwise your badges will be sent to your address.

• 4 weeks later...

For the folks who are attending C2E2 2019, there are midnight showings of The Room (Friday) and The Rocky Horror Picture Show (Saturday) at The Music Box Theatre. Anybody up for attending one of those? (It's about a 25 minute train ride from the hotels.)

Thanks to Will for pointing this out on Twitter, by the way.

James and I are staying at Hannah's place so I'm not sure on proximity to there. I would be up for The Room more than Rocky Horror. I'm also going to bringing a list of some bad movies with me in case anyone wants to watch one.

Also, Mike, if there are any panels you'd like me to record for you, let me know. Otherwise just going to record whatever I end up hitting up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was an overall good C2E2.Having been away for a few years, it was nice to see how much the con has grown. Saturday, as always, was the most crowded but they have increased the number and variety of panels that you can hide away from the floor and listen to some cool (and not so cool) people talk. Friday and Sunday remained the days to walk the floor. Artist Alley was really varied. There was a good combination of Main Stream Artist, Indie people, and Web People that it felt really cool seeing some of their stuff. This years trend appeared to be Blind Boxes on the Sales Floor. I'm not sure how I feel about that but ehh, kudos?

One thing that really struck me though about this year is how inclusive everything felt. It wasn't just a bunch of 20s-40s white guys. There were tons of people of different backgrounds at the con (I actually sat across from an older pair of women on my way home on the bus who had gone to the con). Hell, what made me really happy was seeing more than a few gay couples walking around, able to hold hands in public.

Also, having used public transit for most of the trip, if we need to keep the cost down and want to pick a hotel further from the venue, I now know it is actually somewhat feasible if it's close enough to any of the major lines. A week long Ventra Pass is actually cheap enough (assuming you're not me and somehow lose two of them in the span of five days).

By the way, next year's C2E2 is February 28, 29th, and March 1st. Just in case anyone is planning to make the trip. It's cold and possibly still snowy that time of year but definitely worth the time.

On 3/26/2019 at 11:14 AM, dc20willsave said:

One thing that really struck me though about this year is how inclusive everything felt. It wasn't just a bunch of 20s-40s white guys. There were tons of people of different backgrounds at the con (I actually sat across from an older pair of women on my way home on the bus who had gone to the con). Hell, what made me really happy was seeing more than a few gay couples walking around, able to hold hands in public.

I've always felt that way in the years I've been attending San Diego Comic-Con. The gender population is split right down the middle with no clear majority. Plenty of color diversity as far as the eye can see with increasingly public and diversely expressed sexual orientations. And plenty of people outside the age perimeters of 30s and 20s.

• 1 year later...

Reading this thread back from when I attended in 2011, I am suddenly furious to find out that one of the fabled reunions of The Middleman happened here and I was completely oblivious! Granted, it'd be about 3 years until @Mr Mockery introduced me to The Middleman, but if ever there was a Sliding Doors moment......

Even more jarring, @dc20willsave was purportedly there!

• 1 year later...

So, I'm currently planning out any Summer Trips. C2E2 is August 5th-7th and depending on the COVID numbers, I might check it out. Don't know if anyone else might be thinking of being in the area or whatnot so just starting to get the ball rolling.

I'm also considering just taking a few days to go to New York but that trip might be taken up by other friend groups but that's everything on the table.

I think I stated during the Wild Wild West review (due this weekend, methinks) that I want to go back to Chicago as the COVID tide rolls back. C2E2 doesn't appeal for the time of year, but I have a potential window in late June, and if it's just a bunch of us hanging out, why would we need a comic convention in the background when all that does is push up hotel prices?

Food for thought, obv.

7 hours ago, slothian said:

I think I stated during the Wild Wild West review (due this weekend, methinks) that I want to go back to Chicago as the COVID tide rolls back. C2E2 doesn't appeal for the time of year, but I have a potential window in late June, and if it's just a bunch of us hanging out, why would we need a comic convention in the background when all that does is push up hotel prices?

Food for thought, obv.

5 hours ago, dc20willsave said:

Oh yeah, 100% I'm down to show up just to hang out with other people!

Me three.

• 1 month later...
On 2/24/2022 at 3:16 PM, slothian said:

C2E2 doesn't appeal for the time of year, but I have a potential window in late June, and if it's just a bunch of us hanging out, why would we need a comic convention in the background when all that does is push up hotel prices?

Food for thought, obv.

On 2/24/2022 at 5:17 PM, dc20willsave said:

Oh yeah, 100% I'm down to show up just to hang out with other people!

So is that window open or closed? I’m also starting to explore summer travel plans.

19 hours ago, You Know Who said:

So is that window open or closed? I’m also starting to explore summer travel plans.

At my end, the UK's inflation/costs rocketing boom is going to make June unlikely for me, but I'm not opposed to the concept of meeting up in Chicago at some point. Unhelpfully, I can't say when though.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...