The Convention Thread

dc20willsave

I was wondering what conventions everyone was planning on going to this coming year. I figured this would more easily allow people going to the same con to meet up, hang out, and, if necessary, plan out lodging plans. I am currently planning on going to (outside of the two tiny local gaming conventions):

Ohayocon: Columbus, OH Jan. 29-31 though I'm only going to on the 30th and maybe the 31st.

Gem City Comiccon: Dayton, OH April 5th.

Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo: Chicago, April 16-18

Origins Game Fair: Columbus, OH June 22nd-27th thought I don't know what dates I'm going to attend.

Gen Con: Indianapolis, Indiana August 5-8 though I don't know what days I'm planning on going there also.

Mid-Ohio Con: Columbus, OH November 6-7

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can see it now:

dc20Willsave stops in the middle of the major intersection and looks down the corridor where the comic folk are and sees Mike with his own RwR doll and you run toward each other and join arms all four of you and dance around into a circle. Love it.

Will, if you're gonna be in Chicago for C2E2, we have to meet up!

Will do. I'm half thinking of getting a baby carrier and taking Rape-Whistle Ronald around with me, see how many people I can freak out.

This. We have to get DC20 on the show.

I don't "do" cons (I suck, I know), but I do think we should have a Chicago meet-up, con-based or not.

The area where C2E2 is being held is just south of Soldier Field, and there's nothing over there. It's a terrible place for a con: no hotels or bars directly around it. However, about a mile or so away there are a few.

We could all hang at my place, but I live way north of there. So getting from one to the other isn't the easiest thing in the world.

But yeah, we have time to figure it out.

Derr, Mike: I live in the West Loop. Waaaay closer to Soldier Field than you. We can hang out at my place, so long as Preston promises not to steal The Velour Fog on his way out.

I know, but I didn't want to offer up your place.

I'd offer up the hotel room that we're staying in but I don't know how big the room is going to be. The place I originally picked out would have been but I don't know about the one the other guys chose when the original was booked.

Derr, Mike: I live in the West Loop. Waaaay closer to Soldier Field than you. We can hang out at my place, so long as Preston promises not to steal The Velour Fog on his way out.

I know, but I didn't want to offer up your place.

I'd offer up the hotel room that we're staying in but I don't know how big the room is going to be. The place I originally picked out would have been but I don't know about the one the other guys chose when the original was booked.

Well, I'm officially offering my place. It's kind of a pain to get to from anywhere on public transit, but something tells me there will be enough people with cars around.

We can listen to records and get drunk and have a dance party!

We can listen to records and get drunk and have a dance party!

You'll have to get me really drunk -- I mean, shitfaced beyond belief -- for me to dance. And since I'll probably be one of the drivers, yup, no dancing for me.

Party pooper.

And who said you had to drive anyone away? I'll have TWO fold-out couches by the time this happens. SLUMBER PARTY!

And depending on Hannah's finances/work schedule/willingness to appear, I can probably drive her down, too.

It's definitely on my radar; dates? And pre-reg info? It all depends on how quickly I can make the $ to pay tuition for spring term.

Also, will definitely be at ACen.

And depending on Hannah's finances/work schedule/willingness to appear, I can probably drive her down, too.

It's definitely on my radar; dates? And pre-reg info? It all depends on how quickly I can make the $ to pay tuition for spring term.

C2E2 is on April 16th-18th (two days after my birthday) and pre-reg is 50 Dollars for a weekend pass and 25 for a single day. Any other info, including current guests, is available here.