Young Justice

Koete

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yeah, having Artemis walk out wearing Wally's shirt was a bit much, as is the fact that we're now dealing with a separated marriage (where one of the spouses is a serial murderer) and unknown baby drama. Why on earth do we need twisted marriages and baby drama on this show?

I really think you are overthinking this. He comes back late at night, and she uses his jersey as a nightgown, he came in late, and he woke her up, that's all that happened. Liana was a part of comics continuity, and it shows that these characters have grown up, and maybe they are not ready for the responsibilities of children, but it is being thrust upon them, which is what happens in todays world, and is what happened in the comics. Roy is being told he has to clean up his act for his daughters sake, and quite frankly, that is a good moral message that the show is giving, when you have kids, your life isn't all about you anymore, you have someone who depends on you, so you can't go out, and just act like a jackass all the time, like Roy has done.

Also, most people would be up in arms if DC/Cartoon Network showed a kid friendly cartoon featuring an unmarried couple having a child, it would be a PR nightmare for them.

I'm not sure what the difference is as far as the Wally/Artemis thing, but as for the other...

The "you need to clean up your act" thing wasn't exactly the dramatic focus of that scene; it was "holy crap you have a secret baby!"

Furthermore, since this show has mostly proven itself to be 90% plot-focused with only 10% character payoff (Superman and Superboy's reconciliation lasting 5 seconds being the notable example), I don't know that I really trust it to do anything other than use the baby plot twist as a cheap soap opera twist to keep the plot going in "dramatic" directions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I've never been a big Young Justice fan, and I wasn't too sad about its cancellation. But that last scene makes me wish there was a season 3...

I hated the final episode. Just for one reason:

In the final thirty seconds, they revealed that Vandal Savage and in a way, the light were answering to Darkseid, which was implied when G Gordon Godfrey was in the show, but to have the final moments show us "Here's what you could have won!" sucked.

It was also funny that Wally West is now the Flash, Flash's will look up to, for running so fast to save the world, when it was Barry in the comics, for so long that people looked up to, until he ripped the universe apart, and now Bart is taking on the Kid Flash legacy in honour of Wally, instead of Wally becoming The Flash in honour of Barry's legacy.

Apart from that, I'm going to miss the show.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm actually only just now really watching this, and I'm really enjoying it. I love the nods to the old Peter David/Todd Nauck book, but more than anything, I love that characters that never get any face time are getting a little light thrown on them. They use Captain Marvel really well, Doctor Fate is a fucking badass, and even Zatara - fucking Zatara - gets to do stuff. It's a fairly blatant toy commercial, and that gets old fast, but the writing is solid.

• 2 years later...