Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

For stuff that really doesn't need it's own thread.

I think these remakes are getting out of control. They are remaking The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. Who was asking for this shit? Need proof that they are making too many remakes?

13 Tzameti

A Nightmare On Elm Street

Akira

All Of Me

Angel Heart

Arthur

Back To School

Barbarella

Battle Royale

Brighton Rock

Captain Blood

Child’s Play

Clash of the Titans

Conan

Death at a Funeral

Death Wish

Dune

Escape From New York

Fahrenheit 451

Fantastic Voyage

Flash Gordon

Footloose

Forbidden Planet

Frankenweenie

Girls Just Want to Have Fun

Hellraiser

High and Low

Highlander

Howard SternÂ’s PorkyÂ’s

I Spit on Your Grave

Knight Rider

Last Tango In Paris

LoganÂ’s Run

Meatballs

Metropolis

My Fair Lady

Near Dark

Oldboy

Piranha

Poltergeist

Rashomon

Red Dawn

Red Sonja

Romancing The Stone

Rosemary’s Baby

Sharky’s Machine

Short Circuit

Straw Dogs

Sunset Boulevard

Sympathy For Lady Vengeance

The Birds

The Blob

The Crazies

The Dirty Dozen

The Evil Dead

The Host

The Illustrated Man

The Incredible Shrinking Man

The Jetsons

The Karate Kid

The Lives Of Others

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

The Shadow

The Star Chamber

The Stepfather

The Swarm

The Thing

The Warriors

The Witches

They Live

Westworld

When Worlds Collide

This is just the ones that were originally listed for 2010.

Source

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I understand when they take a foreign language film and remake in English, but Death at a Funeral? I mean it's only a few years old, how is there any benefit to remaking this? Do they think they can make it better? Are they worried the accents ruined it for other English speaking nations??? Someone from the industry, please, explain that one to me.

To be fair, Akira is going to be a live-action version as opposed to an actual remake of the anime; Sunset BLVD is an adaptation of the musical and it's been in development hell for years; Battle Royale is just going to be an American Adaptation of the novel that's also in development hell; and The Shadow and Conan might not necessarily be remakes but different takes on the characters than the films that originally released.

I understand when they take a foreign language film and remake in English, but Death at a Funeral? I mean it's only a few years old, how is there any benefit to remaking this? Do they think they can make it better? Are they worried the accents ruined it for other English speaking nations??? Someone from the industry, please, explain that one to me.

Chris Rock is remaking it. Apparently the English version wasn't 'hip and urban' enough for an American audience.

And you know, it's neglecting the remakes of True Grit and Let the Right One In. And I'm sure about fifty more.

Cop Out trailer Directed by Kevin Smith, starring Bruce Willis and Tracy JMordgan.

Its like he's not even really reading his lines.

Honestly is so similar to fictional Tracy Jordan project "Black Cop/ White Cop ("One does the duty, the other gets the booty") that I gotta believe someone just like the idea so much they made it.

I really hope they get around to "Who Dat Ninja?"

whodatninga.jpg

I saw more of the Cop Out clip where Tracy Morgan is ripping off movie lines during questioning. I can't wait to see all the ones they had to cut. He even did the "I have the death sentence on 12 systems" line from Star Wars.

Also, I never knew what the plot of the movie was.

stars Bruce Willis and Tracy Morgan, playing police officers who investigate the case of Willis' stolen baseball card.

For some reason the stupidity of that plot makes me want to see it even more.

Just finished Moon. Sadly, I wasn't that impressed. I mean, it looks great and the idea is solid, but it didn't resonate with me.

That said, I think Sam Rockwell would make a good Joker.

If he combined his outbursts as healthy Sam with the posture and bouts of insanity of sick Sam, I think it could work.

I mean, I don't want another Joker. But I could see it.

KISS co-founders and frontmen Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley are to team up with E1 Television to produce a kids TV series as a merchandising tie-in.

The untitled comedy series will be produced and distributed worldwide by E1, which along with Simmons and Stanley will handle all licensing and merchandising for the half hour.

The KISS duo continue to aggressively market a range of rock and roll merchandise to loyal fans branded as the "KISS Army."

"KISS continues to be the juggernaut of licensing and merchandising, from KISS M&M's to KISS Dr Pepper," Simmons said in a statement.

"KISS is a band, but also the only music brand," he added.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i41a69fc3f27e2b41c0adb942b226ed3f?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thr%2Ftelevision+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Television%29

Nothing says kid friendly like a fire breathing demon who is known for sleeping with thousands of women.