Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

I remember laughing at the scene in Freaky Friday where Anna Coleman is horrified to be in Jamie Lee Curtis' body. JLC was 45 when that came out.

I am three years older than that now.

Get off my lawn.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This doesn’t apply to this forum, where people are very chill. This really is one of the best forums I have ever been on, and I have been here for 18 years.

It does apply to the rest of the Internet, though:

If you find yourself getting angry because someone has a different opinion about a movie, TV show, novel, video game etc. than you do, chillax. It is not that important.

You have bigger problems than someone disagreing with you about pop culture.

And if you don’t, find some.

• 1 year later...
15 hours ago, dc20willsave said:

I'm in a film club. It's for the most part pretty great. We have some good film discussion, I get to watch films I would never have looked at. The one exception: Most of them really like Saw and I'm just like... UGH!

There's way worse things for film fans to be super into than Saw, like Marvel movies, for example.

• 2 months later...

Shana's looking for something to do New Year's Eve, something very mild. So she suggested seeing a movie. I asked if she had any in mind, and my lovely, innocent, wrestling-adverse wife said, "There's a new wrestling movie. The Iron-something. I'd be willing to give it a try."

My reaction: "Oh dear god no!"

For the record, I do want to see it, I just will not subject Shana to the story of the Von Erich family.

3 hours ago, Missy said:

Shana's looking for something to do New Year's Eve, something very mild. So she suggested seeing a movie. I asked if she had any in mind, and my lovely, innocent, wrestling-adverse wife said, "There's a new wrestling movie. The Iron-something. I'd be willing to give it a try."

My reaction: "Oh dear god no!"

For the record, I do want to see it, I just will not subject Shana to the story of the Von Erich family.

In truth, I don't really know the full story of the Von Erichs. But if you have a Dark Side of the Ring episode devoted to the subject matter, it can't be good.