Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Random movie and tv thoughts

3,580 posts in this topic

Posted

Looks part Spiderman, part Transformers, part CGI-nightmare. But my interest is piqued!

The trailer has done its job.

Posted

I got halfway through What We Do in the Shadows before turning it off. It isn't bad, but it doesn't take 90 minutes to tell this joke. Mockumentaries, I'm finding, just aren't for me.

Posted

Mockumentaries are, by nature, very difficult to pull off. The jokes tend to run a lot more dry, there's less ambient sound, and if the actors aren't dedicated to embracing the absurdidty of what they're discussing, I've actually found that shows like Parks and Rec or Modern Family where they embrace the confessional aspect but never go for the full "They're filming us" part are some of the best examples.

Posted

...huh.

Posted

Yeah. I'll just watch The Room again with a few beers. 

This has too many people who know how to make a movie involved, rather than it being a glorious accident. Wiseau's sitcom was garbage too. He gifted us with The Room. That was a perfect storm of once in a lifetime insanity. We need to let Tommy Wiseau go. Let him go back to his home planet. 

Posted

As I noted on Facebook: This is the Black Widow movie we've been waiting for.

Posted

I absolutely cannot wait for this movie.

Posted

I watched it. I am still on the fence.

Posted

If nothing else, they got the look right.

I mean, there's no way to know until it actually airs, but I'm still giving it a shot.

Posted

I just can't see Felicia Day as evil. 

Posted

To be fair, all the old Mads were always bad at being evil. The only one who ever came close to being threatening was Pearl.

Posted

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1tajp1vegwpw I couldn't help myself.

But on topic, Felicia Day definitely didn't seem threatening. I've never seen the show, so it didn't seem odd to me.

Posted

Posted

It looks pretty.

Posted

Posted

I've never seen this show and I don't know a lot about it, but based on this trailer alone, I'm gonna marathon it once this season is available on HBO Go.

Posted

It's pretty excellent overall.

Posted

How many more of these big action blockbusters does Cruise have left in him? He's 54. At some point in the next few years it's going to look laughable. 

Posted

When I saw the trailer the other day, I just thought, "How long until he's playing a grandfather?" It's just getting sad at this point.

Posted

He's older than Russell Crowe, who's resigned himself to playing the professor in the same film. 

Posted

I know there is another Mission Impossible coming where he has supposedly been training for years for some elaborate stunt, but at some point he's going to have to accept that time is a real thing that can't be stopped. 

Posted

I know there is another Mission Impossible coming where he has supposedly been training for years for some elaborate stunt, but at some point he's going to have to accept that time is a real thing that can't be stopped. 

But you forget: he has the power of Scientology behind him. Thetans make you age, right? 

Posted

I was out at one of the local Used Game and DVD stores today and came across this beauty:

tJCtdGl.jpg

But wait, it gets better!

CeSPuib.jpg

This is either going to be the best bad things ever or the worst bad thing ever!