Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The head of Sony has asked movie theaters to start selling healthy food. While it sounds good, they sell the crap they do because it's super cheap and has a high mark up. They wouldn't make as much profit from vegetables. Plus that stuff would cost more than the crap, so who's going to buy it when tickets are already expensive?

He said moviegoers suggested to the studio's interviewers the kind of snacks they'd like to see:

•fresh fruit, fruit cups, apples with dip;

•veggies with dip;

•yogurt;

•granola bars and trail mix;

•baked chips, apples chips and unbuttered, air-popped popcorn.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/showestnews.php?id=64236

In a Los Angeles Times interview with Dwayne Johnson, he was asked whether he may ever take on one of the superhero roles he's been rumored for:

"I would love that," said Johnson, who might be a good fit as Luke Cage, Namor, the Martian Manhunter or Captain Marvel. "We've been active in talking to these different companies and these different studios about making that happen and finding what makes sense. There's so much there and so much untapped. I'm sure it will happened. We've worked to develop good relationships with the studios heads and executives."

There's also ongoing chatter about a "Jonny Quest" film with Johnson as Race Bannon, and he lighted up when the venture was mentioned. "Oh, absolutely, we're talking about that, I love 'Jonny Quest.'"

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=9182

I can see him as Luke Cage. That's about it. Namor isn't a big beefy guy. He's streamlined for life under water.

Because the trailer looked cool, I decided to see Repo Men last night. Big, big mistake. It's a shit movie that spirals out of control midway through, and the "twist" ending you can see coming from the third minute of the movie. And from what I've heard, it's a huge ripoff of Repo! The Genetic Opera.

I'm interested in seeing COP OUT, not a lot, I probably won't go and see it in a cinema, but it's worth renting.

COP OUT is probably best appreciated if you're a fan of 80's Buddy Cop Movies as it's an unapologetic throwback to that period. Just like BROOKLYN'S FINEST is a throwback to 70's cop movies.

Because the trailer looked cool, I decided to see Repo Men last night. Big, big mistake. It's a shit movie that spirals out of control midway through, and the "twist" ending you can see coming from the third minute of the movie. And from what I've heard, it's a huge ripoff of Repo! The Genetic Opera.

My understanding is that they were both in production at the same time and was shelved because of the Genetic Opera. Too bad, it can't be as bad as Repo.

is there something wrong with me, that i'm in my mid-twenties and like to watch phineas and ferb

I'm almost 25 and I sometimes get bored and watch The Fairly Odd Parents. It happens. I've always been tempted to watch Phineas and Ferb. It looks quirky.

I used to watch Suite Life of Zack and Cody.

That's right.

Do something.

Last night I watched a little bit of Predator, and here's something I never noticed before: Were Mac (Bill Duke) and Blain (Jesse Ventura) lovers?

I got to thinking this because after Blain is killed, Dutch (Arnold Schwarzenegger) says something like, "He was a good soldier." Mac replies, "He was my friend." Upon hearing that, Dutch quickly looks at Mac, giving him a long, curious stare.

Unless they were trying to imply something, I don't understand why Dutch would react that way.

• 3 weeks later...
Leonard Nimoy set to retire

By KEVIN WILLIAMSON, QMI Agency

Just when he thinks he’s out, they beam him back in.

How else to describe Leonard Nimoy’s enduring, at times conflicted relationship with Star Trek, the franchise that’s defined his career for more than four decades — regardless of how many times he swore it off or believed it was finished?

“Countless times, I thought it was done,” he admits on the phone from Los Angeles.

But this time, says the 79-year-old actor-director-photographer, there are no more possibilities. Spock, his pointy-eared alter-ego, will live long and prosper. But it will be without Nimoy.

“I want to get off the stage. Also, I don’t think it would be fair to Zachary Quinto,” he says, referring to the actor who portrayed a youthful Spock in last summer’s smash Star Trek relaunch. “He’s a terrific actor, he looks the part, and it’s time to give him some space. And I’m very flattered the character will continue.”

In other words, don’t expect to see Nimoy in the next Trek sequel, scheduled for 2012. And don’t expect to see him anywhere else, either. Having just shot what will be his final appearance as enigmatic genius Dr. William Bell in TV’s Fringe, he says he’s retiring from acting altogether.

“I’ve been doing this professionally for 60 years,” he says with a laugh. “I love the idea of going out on a positive note. I’ve had a great, great time.”

After all, his involvement with Fringe was never intended to be permanent. Rather, he’d only agreed to appear in a few episodes as a favour to J.J. Abrams, who produces Fringe and, of course, directed Star Trek.

“I was away from acting for 12 years, so I guess I was seducable,” Nimoy says. “But since J.J. Abrams revived the Star Trek franchise, I felt I owed him something. And I’m glad I did it because he promised me a good story, and it was.”

Also in question? How many more science-fiction conventions he has in his future. He’ll be at this weekend’s Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo which “could be the last go-round for that too,” he says, noting he only has a few more public appearances planned.

Not that he doesn’t enjoy them. He describes each one as “a love fest. I’m so grateful to the fans. I call these kind of experiences a victory lap ... It’s like having a family meeting — a family reunion.”

That goodwill mirrors how his own emotions about Trek have mellowed. Famously, his 1975 autobiography was entitled I Am Not Spock. By 1995, when he published his second autobiography, the title had been modified to I Am Spock.

He explains he made peace with the iconic series during the 1980s and particularly with Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, which he directed. “I felt like Star Trek IV was my personal statement on Star Trek.”

Now, typecasting be damned, he feels no regrets about donning the ears that made him famous. “Since Star Trek began in 1966, I’ve never had to worry about where the next job was.”

Rather, with his acting and filmmaking career behind him, he wants to concentrate on photography, citing an exhibition he has coming up in Massachusetts. He acknowledges he was met with skepticism initially about this latest creative venture, “but I’ve built credibility now in the art world.”

And among the general population, too. He recalls an incident in which he and Tom Hanks were approached by a young man who wanted his picture taken with Hanks. When Hanks asked who would take the photo, the man turned to the now former Mr. Spock.

“He said, ‘Mr. Nimoy, you’re a wonderful photographer. Would you take our picture?’ ”

Source