Mike's list of crazy ideas

Missy

Last week I was putting the following wacky theory to Richard.

Say at the 50th anniversary, Smith really did sign off and there was a new Doctor, except the new Doctor helming the show was actually the 8th Doctor. Something random happens and #11 disappears, with #8 taking over the TARDIS (with or without current companion) and spends the next season or two figuring out what happened to his future self. Matt Smith blows off some steam in Hollywood in the process and when the storyline has run its course, #11 returns to relieve #8 of his duty in some way. What if #11 was responsible for #8's regenration into #9 somehow? What if #8 is responsible for #11's regeneration into #12? It's wibbly-wobbly enough for Moffat to try, that's for sure

I've unintentionally realised whilst typing this that the plot is tad latter-day Blake's 7, aside from the regenration aspect. But it has legs, methinks.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be insane, but totally awesome for Doctor Who. Paul McGann's only 52, and he does look great. In any case I do think he needs to have a crossover story with 11 or 12 down the line because his Doctor deserves it. But yeah, the idea that we could see a future Doctor causing a past one's regeneration is really awesome.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just rememberd that in the very first episode of doctor who. Susan is listening to a fictional pop star called John Smith. Could this be a future doctor?

That'd be an amazing way to tie the show together for the 50th Anniversary - the Doctor starts a skiffle group in early '60s London!

I want to keep a running log of the wacky ideas I've tossed out during Bigger on the Inside. Feel free to add any I've forgotten.

River Song is The Master.

The Master is The War Chief.

Time Lords can fly. (A joke... sort of.)

Ian broke the TARDIS.

The unnamed woman from The End of Time is Susan.

One of the first Doctor Who stories I saw all the way through was Silence in the Library/ Forest of death, when I was done with it I was wondering why were they trying to make the doctor hanging on a ledge so suspenseful because he was obviously flying in the end of the story to save River.

• 4 months later...

Here's a new one: At the end of "Forest of the Dead," The Doctor left River's completed diary in The Library. I'm betting Madame Kovarian and / or The Silence got their hands on that, and that's how they were able to track The Doctor's movements and therefore create River in the first place.

Yeah, it's one big paradox, but Doctor Who is full of those.

• 3 months later...

Here is a Rogers Crazy Idea:

Look at this classic album cover

51glkxbSL6L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Short scarf and colors are all wrong, but hmmmmmm... Could Bob Dylan have been the 4th Doctor!?!?!?!

=wink.gif

My dad once walked in on me when I was watching a fourth doctor story and said "I didn't know Bob Dylan was in the movies." I explaind it was not. Now whenever I am watching a fourth doctor adventure, he jokingly calls it "The Bob Dylan show."

• 4 months later...

Here's on of Ricks crazy ideas: ever since City of Death, Julian Glover has played the fragments of Scaroth who have been scattered all throughout time and space. They all decided to go their own ways.

6648-26457.gifAncient Greece

67552.gif King of England, Crusades.

6648-9434.gif Nazi agent USA 1930's

Aris_Kristatos_(Julian_Glover)_-_Profile KGB agent Sweden 1980's

pic932208.png Imperial general, galaxy far far away, a long long time ago

tumblr_mkbx6nooOp1r00l9eo2_500.jpg

Westros and Essos, sometime around winter.

• 4 weeks later...

My dad once walked in on me when I was watching a fourth doctor story and said "I didn't know Bob Dylan was in the movies." I explaind it was not. Now whenever I am watching a fourth doctor adventure, he jokingly calls it "The Bob Dylan show."

Bob Dylan plays acting roles in about seven movies! :) The pedant in me couldn't let that pass!

Masked and Anonymous (2003) .... Jack Fate

Paradise Cove (1999) .... Alfred - Chauffeur

Catchfire (1990) (uncredited) .... Artist

Hearts of Fire (1987) .... Billy Parker

Renaldo and Clara (1978) .... Renaldo

Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid (1973) .... Alias

The Madhouse on Castle Street (1963) (TV) .... Bobby

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a somewhat tenuous one I thought up while listening to BOTI 120:

"The Beast and his armies will rise from the pit to make war against God." -The Ood, from The Impossible Planet

Given the Ood's penchant for prophecies and that the Doctor is known by some as the Beast, could they also have prophesizing the events of A Good Man Goes To War, in which the Doctor and his allies make war against the armies of clerics that was holding Amy?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Some of these are even too crazy for me.

The Captain Jack one, however, is interesting.

Number One is strangely close to ideas that Barry Letts and Roger Sloman were considering for the final Master (Delgado/Pertwee) story... that the Master and the Doctor were two sides of a single personality, something along the lines of the Ego and the Id.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's one: The curator at the end of Day of the Doctor is either a Zygon that took on the Fourth Doctor's form many years ago (hence the age), or he was The Master (also having taken on The Doctor's old form). The former would tie into the plot of the episode, in that they were hiding in paintings. The latter could be The Master trying to get The Doctor to free Gallifrey so he can hatch a plan of some sort.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's one: The curator at the end of Day of the Doctor is either a Zygon that took on the Fourth Doctor's form many years ago (hence the age), or he was The Master (also having taken on The Doctor's old form). The former would tie into the plot of the episode, in that they were hiding in paintings. The latter could be The Master trying to get The Doctor to free Gallifrey so he can hatch a plan of some sort.

That's a great idea. I was musing on Tom Baker's desire to appear in the new series as The Master. Seems he might have achieved it! This could be the less malevolent Master after The Curse of Fatal Death...

My ideal entrance for the master would be the doctor and companion locked away in a building with a group of others. Every hour a doll version of someone shows up in random spots and they die (or disappear) at the end of that hour. In other words, the classic master. However rather than turning people into dolls he uses dolls to taunt the doctor. The clock that marks the hour could distract the doctor, since that is the form that the Masters Tardis has taken in the past.

• 2 years later...

Ricks Crazy Idea: The man serving tea in "Remembrance of the Daleks" was actually Omega.

My reasons:

In the show notes, it is established that this moment is what convinced the doctor that the Daleks had to die.

It would make sense that a group of time travelers would have the original creator go and make sure his work would be put to its intended purpose (the hand of Omega).

On IMDB the tea server is named John, the Doctor often uses the pseudonym John.

It is established that the original shopkeeper, Harry, is not there and "John" took his place.

The Doctor drops the hint that the reason Harry is not there is because Harrys wife is going to have twins.

If Omega was trying to manipulate the mind of the Doctor, he would give the Doctor the illusion of control.

So they met in a place where the doctor believed he knew the outcome.

At :43 to 45 "John" has an expression that goes from friendly to smug Omega realized that being subtle was more effective than being forceful.

Edited by Rjoyadet
captialization errors

• 1 year later...

Here's one I've been sitting on for years: Susan is the second incarnation of the boy who eventually became The Master / Missy.

We know The Doctor and The Master grew up together, and that when The Master was a young boy he went mad upon looking into the Untempered Schism. I like to think over the years The Doctor watched in horror as his best friend's insanity grew worse and worse with age. At some point the young Master committed a crime so heinous, the High Council ordered him executed. The Doctor would not stand for this; as far as he saw it, it was their archaic system that caused the mess to begin with. In an effort to hide his friend from the High Council, The Doctor triggered The Master's very first regeneration. Thanks to a stroke of luck, The Master de-aged into a teenage girl. The Doctor used her post-regeneration confusion to convince her she was his granddaughter named Susan and that she had given the TARDIS its name. (He might have even given her a Chameleon Arch.) They then fled Gallifrey for Earth, leading directly into An Unearthly Child and their adventures with Susan and Barbara. After The Doctor abandoned her on the Dalek hellscape that was 22nd century Earth, she began to remember her true self. (Maybe she opened the Chameleon Arch.) Memories slipped through. Her true self returned. Feeling betrayed by and enraged at The Doctor, she vowed revenge for the years of lies and for being left behind. With each passing day, her anger grew and her madness returned. Then, one day, she regenerated for the second time, this time into The War Chief The Master we all know: Roger Delgado!

I'm not even joking when I say this has been my headcanon for maybe five years now.