Batfrog and Tadpole

Batfrog and Tadpole

Written by Patrick Moore

Peapotmaster@yahoo.com

The dark streets of Gotham looked like pea soup mixed with Dracula fog, as the protector of Gotham, Batfrog, looked from the rooftops. The Frog Knight was on patrol, waiting for some scumbag to strike someone.

Suddenly, two men pointed guns at a family coming out of a movie theater, that took a shortcut into a nearby alleyway.

“Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?” said one of the thugs in a Jack Nickelson voice to the family.

“Leave us alone,” said the father, who held his family tight.

“I just want the pearls on your wife’s neck, and we’re on our way,” said the second thug.

“That’s my queue,” said Batfrog, as the jumped from the rooftop, but crashed landed into some trashcans.

One of the trashcan lids opened, as Oscar the Grouch came up, then turned to Batfrog. “A little too late for Halloween isn’t it, Frog,” chuckled the Grouch.

“Oscar, get out of my movie,” said Kermit.

“CUT!!!” shouted the director named Steve Swanson, as he walked towards Kermit and Oscar. “What’s wrong now, Kermit?”

“What’s Oscar doing here?” Kermit asked Steve.

“This is a Muppet parody of the Batman films,” replied Steve. “So, I added a few cameos into the script.”

“If you haven’t noticed, Steve, we just got bought by Disney,” said Kermit. “Oscar and other Sesame Street characters are owned by Sony. I wanted to do my take on Batman, without the comedy.”

“But, Kermit, the Muppets are meant to be funny,” said Steve. “We can’t have a Batman spoof without comedy.”

“He’s right, Frog,” said Oscar. “I kind of wanted to see you miserable.”

“Oscar, be quiet,” said Steve, as he turned to Kermit. “Kermit, let’s take a break for an hour, so you can get yourself together.”

“Thanks, Steve,” said Kermit, as he walked to his trailer.

In his trailer, Kermit looked at some of the Batman comic books Robin gave him to prepare him for the role. He took out his script for Batfrog and Tadpole, and decided to read it to try and get into character.

Author’s Note: This is the end of part one, because the rest of the story will be set in script form from Kermit’s POV. I had this idea for a Muppet version of the Tim/Joel versions of Batman, with a mixture of the Adam West and the Timm/Dini animated series to boot. There will be cameos by other Muppets within the script. Pt. 2 is coming soon. Apologies to Steve Swanson, host of the Muppetcast pod cast, for using his name for the director of the movie. I do like that pod cast.

Batfrog and Tadpole Muppet Cast:

BATFROG/KERMIT WAYNE- Kermit the Frog

TADPOLE/ROBIN GRAYSON- Robin the Frog

SKEETIE VALE- Skeeter

BATPIG- Miss Piggy

CHIEF O’HOG- Link Hogstrob

PATROL BEAR- Fozzie Bear

SAM THE BUTLER- Sam the Eagle

THE JOKESTER- Uncle Deadly

BOX OFFICE POISON IVY-Wanda of Wayne and Wanda

DR. JASON WEIRDO- The Great Gonzo

BANE IN THE NECK- Sweetums