Batman: Arkham City

Missy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

The official title is now Batman: Arkham City.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced Batman: Arkham City, the official title for the sequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum that was first announced during the Spike TV Video Game Awards late last year.

Details are still pretty scarce, but Arkham City will again be developed by Rocksteady Studios, and will naturally be set inside the titular Arkham City -- a "heavily fortified" district in the "heart" of Gotham City, where all the most dangerous criminals are now held. And although it's not mentioned in the press release, Game Informer's sneak peak at their upcoming Arkham City cover feature reveals another exciting new addition: the inclusion of Catwoman in the game.

Unfortunately, it'll still be a while before anyone gets their hands on it, as Batman: Arkham City isn't planned for release until fall of 2011 for the PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360.

http://www.1up.com/news/batman-arkham-city-coming-fall

Sweet. Catwoman's the most high profile Batman villain we haven't seen in that series, although I do hope she's a hero/alternate playable character rather than an actual bad guy. Actually I'd quite like to see some heroes come into play at some point in this series. Robin for example, or Nightwing.

• 4 weeks later...

Bah, Catwoman gets futzed again, I hated the weird cleavage in MKvsDCU, but I sort of understood it as the other fighters were rather scantily clad. In this it looks really out of place.

But she's always like that these days. I mean, the modern outfit was modest for a time back when Brubaker was writing it but ever since then most artists have gone to town with the cheesecake again, like they've confused her with Felicia Hardy or something.