Guest TFG1Mike

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
ThunderCats, one of the most beloved cartoons of the 1980s and a continuing cultural force, comes to Cartoon Network in an all-new contemporary reimagining of the iconic animated series. Set as an epic tale, ThunderCats tells the story of a hero’s journey to fulfill his ultimate destiny. The series begins with an hour-long special premiere event on Friday, July 29, at 8 p.m. (ET, PT). Following the premiere, the show will air regularly on Cartoon Network Friday nights at 8:30 p.m. (ET, PT) beginning August 5.

Thunder, Thunder, ThunderCats! Ho!! On Third Earth, the kingdom of Thundera is being threatened by the evil sorcerer Mumm-Ra, and Lion-O, the young heir to the throne, embarks on a great quest to take his rightful place as king. The unlikely champion must work with his faithful comrades Tygra, Cheetara, Panthro, WilyKit, WilyKat, and his loyal pet, Snarf, who join him on his journey to save their world from darkness. From Warner Bros. Animation (WBA), ThunderCats is executive produced by Sam Register (Teen Titans, Ben 10, The Looney Tunes Show), with Michael Jelenic (Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Wonder Woman) and Ethan Spaulding (Avatar: The Last Airbender) producing.

To celebrate the premiere, ThunderCats will have a significant presence at Comic-Con International: San Diego. A panel scheduled for 3:30 p.m. on Friday, July 22 in room 6A will include an exclusive screening of the hour-long series premiere. Producers Michael Jelenic, Ethan Spaulding and art director Dan Norton will participate in a subsequent panel discussion and answer questions from fans. Coinciding with Comic-Con, Cartoon Network will also air nine episodes from the classic ThunderCats series over the weekend of July 23. Boomerang will also host a classic ThunderCats marathon on July 16 and 17 and air the series every day at 5 p.m. starting Monday, July 18.

Cartoon Network digital adds to the ThunderCats experience with online content including the free game, “Thundera Run,” launching on CartoonNetwork.com July 18. Additionally, a free “Party Pack” from Warner Bros Animation will be available for download and will include everything a true fan needs to host the ultimate ThunderCats viewing party.

Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in more than 99 million U.S. homes and 166 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s ad-supported cable service now available in HD offering the best in original, acquired and classic entertainment for youth and families. Nightly from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. (ET, PT), Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired animated and live-action comedy programming for young adults 18-34.

Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.

• 4 weeks later...

I knew there was going to be something worth watching today! Internet fairy, do my bidding...

So Lion-O is the offspring of a king and neglects his royal duties to collect junk from another technologically advanced but forbidden culture.

So he's the little mermaid then.

There were some odd jumps animation-eise but otherwise I can't fault this. Bloody marvellous.

Thought this was pretty good. I actually prefer the new series to the old one. It feels like the difference between original BSG and the re-imagining of BSG. Was it goofy here and there? Yes but I like that Mumm-ra is kinda threatening now and that, instead of them being mutants, they're just an outcast race. Honestly, just a lot of things I loved about this from the first two episodes. Hopefully the rest measures up.

• 2 weeks later...

Eh. The last two episodes really haven't done it for me (with one awesome moment as an exception). I hope they move beyond species of the week encounters, otherwise it's just going to get dull. That being said the flower people were better than the fish-pirates, they had a classic anime feel to them that sort of gave them a pass.

i think the one big problem this show is having is it's too short, it introduces great concepts such as the flowers that live only a day and the prospective of an outsider to that civilization but then it overlooks the applications that can be made and rushes to the end of the story. if they were to give it an hour slot instead of cartoon network's normal "you only get half an hour" mentality (witch is a whole other subject for another thread) the show could spread it's wings and fulfill more than it is now. all that being said i think i'll still watch it just to give it a fair go but it wont be high on my todo list

i think the one big problem this show is having is it's too short, it introduces great concepts such as the flowers that live only a day and the prospective of an outsider to that civilization but then it overlooks the applications that can be made and rushes to the end of the story. if they were to give it an hour slot instead of cartoon network's normal "you only get half an hour" mentality (witch is a whole other subject for another thread) the show could spread it's wings and fulfill more than it is now. all that being said i think i'll still watch it just to give it a fair go but it wont be high on my todo list

See, they could do have asked to a Justice League style cartoon, where the episodes would be two parters, it wouldn't be ideal, but it would give the show more space to breathe.

I watched the first episode (the two parter) and thought it was awesome. I watched the second episode and am now just going to make a backlog of the show.

• 3 weeks later...