Wonder Woman

Missy

A few weeks ago it was reported that Minnie Driver desperately wanted the title role, but realized it was a hoop dream. Saying, "I think you're probably going to see Catherine Zeta-Jones squished into a corset and a pair of shorts quicker than you'd see me."

The latest WW rumor suggest Joss Whedon may write and direct the adaptation (which was previously written by Laeta Kalagridis).

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
The latest WW rumor suggest Joss Whedon may write and direct the adaptation (which was previously written by Laeta Kalagridis).

Producer Joel Silver has confirmed that he is actively seeking Joss, but Whedon's upcoming project (Serenity) could muck up the timetable.

Okay... so this is lame. Rumors state that both Kim Basinger and Jessica Biel are up for the role. Who gets it depends on if they want an older or younger Wonder Woman.

Ugh! Basinger can't act and is one ugly woman, and while Biel might be hot she too is limited when it comes to acting skills.

• 3 weeks later...
Here's an idea. Cast Joanie Laurer ("Chyna") as Wonder Woman.

Jenny's been begging for that for years, but I will destroy all of Hollywood is this happens. Despite her godly strength, Wonder Woman is supposed to look feminine, not like a jacked-up freak with a three inch you know what!

From TVGuide.com:

Question: Now, I think we all know where you stand on the casting for Joss Whedon's Wonder Woman, but I feel obliged to mention my best friend's belief that the one and only (aside from Lynda Carter, natch) choice is Lucy Lawless. If ever the opportunity presents itself, be sure to pass on to Joss this viable second choice (since you would naturally push for Lauren Graham). — Brian Edwards

Ausiello: I've got good news and bad news for you, Bri. The good news: Such a chance actually did present itself last Thursday, when Joss phoned me during a break from editing Serenity to chat about lassoing Wonder Woman and resurrecting a certain 150-year-old, English vamp on WB (more on that later). The bad news: I never got around to pitching Lawless. I did, however, find out that Whedon is months away from finding his ideal Woman. "Everybody is in agreement that casting is not an issue right now," he says. "It's not a vehicle to be built around a particular star. We want to write the thing, find the right character and then figure out who should play her. There are various famous people whose names have come up, because that always happens, but you know, we're talking about Wonder Woman here. Those are tough booties to fill." That said, it sounds like Whedon knows enough about Lynda Carter's successor to rule out Lawless and (sigh) Graham. "I think we will go a little younger than the traditional idea of Wonder Woman," he says, adding that the new Princess Diana will likely be in her early twenties and played by someone outside the Buffyverse. "It's a movie, not a party for my friends." That certainly bodes well for rumored front-runner Jessica Biel. (And I repeat: Sigh... )

I'm glad he has acknowledged he has to work outside his comfort zone for casting. Not sold on Lauren Graham, but I like the idea of a younger Wonder Woman, althoug would prefer mid 20's instead of early, so there is no teen-angst type crap in there.

So if he is going younger, Rachel Bilson should be a shu in! :)