Wonder Woman

Missy

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me it seems like WW is built for the comics and animated stuff. Being so imposing and being the world's most beautiful woman makes a live action film sketchy at best. Plus, I don't want to see a modernized update of her costume.

I'm betting is darkened & part leather. Seems to be the norm now.

To me it seems like WW is built for the comics and animated stuff. Being so imposing and being the world's most beautiful woman makes a live action film sketchy at best. Plus, I don't want to see a modernized update of her costume.

And shiny. Don't forget shiny.

With fake nipples?

With fake nipples?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well played sir!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
SCI FI Wire is reporting that the Wonder Woman movie being produced by Joel Silver for Warner Bros. has now stalled while the studio focuses on George Miller's Justice League and movies based on DC Comics' male heroes like Flash and Green Lantern.

Joel Silver, who was producing the now-stalled Wonder Woman movie, told reporters that the project has been placed on the back burner in light of another impending superhero film. "They're going to make the Justice League movie, and we're kind of pausing on Wonder Woman now," Silver said in a news conference while promoting Fred Claus. "Let them go ahead and do that picture [first]."

The Amazon superhero from the DC Comics series will be a major part of the upcoming JLA. "And if that comes together, Wonder Woman will be a part of that story," Silver said. "And then we'll see where we go from there. But we struggled with it for a while. I hope that we can solve it and make it one day."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6463

• 5 months later...
At a recent press junket, producer Joel Silver told IESB.net that he's still actively developing the 'Wonder Woman' movie.

Screenwriters Matthew Jennison and Brent Strickland are hard at work on the script. Fans will recall that Jennison and Strickland made waves when Warner Bros. purchased their WWII era 'Wonder Woman' spec script, even though fan-fave Joss Whedon was attached to write and direct the film. Whedon departed shortly afterward.

Silver said that the Jennison and Strickland are working on a new script that would include the Amazonian princess' origins on Paradise Island.

http://www.comics2film.com/index.php?a=story&b=32602

I hope they throw that WWII script in the trash.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I wouldn't look at Megan Fox in the role:

Actress Megan Fox has laughed off rumours she is to portray comic book heroine Wonder Woman in a movie - vowing never to play such a "lame" character.

Director Joss Whedon is rumoured to be putting together a cast for an upcoming big screen outing for the superhero siren, originally played by Lynda Carter in the 1970s TV show.

Fox is reportedly in the running to play the lead role, but the Transformer star is adamant she will not get involved with the comic book adaptation.

She tells British magazine FHM, "She's lame. She flies around in an invisible jet, but she's not invisible. I don't get it."

Source: IMDB

Before I entirely condemn her, I think this may be a bit out of context, anyway. I mean, Superman can be kinda lame, as can Cap and countless other heroes that drape themselves in the flag and have that whole boy scout thing going. As someone who's supposedly so versed in geek culture as Ms. Fox, I'm assuming this is cut out of context.

And the invisible jet *is* kind of stupid.

Before I entirely condemn her, I think this may be a bit out of context, anyway. I mean, Superman can be kinda lame, as can Cap and countless other heroes that drape themselves in the flag and have that whole boy scout thing going. As someone who's supposedly so versed in geek culture as Ms. Fox, I'm assuming this is cut out of context.

And the invisible jet *is* kind of stupid.

Have you seen the new animated Wonder Woman movie? That's what changed my mind about the character.

• 1 year later...
Did all the buzz lately about Green Lantern, Captain America, Thor and other big-screen comic-book adaptations make you forget about the Wonder Woman movie that's been in the works for forever?

Well, even if you've forgotten, Jennifer Love Hewitt, star of the recently canceled Ghost Whisperer, hasn't—and she wants to win the screen role of the Amazonian superhero.

"I'm fighting so hard," she told msn. "I think Warner Brothers is getting ready to make Wonder Woman, and I really want to play Wonder Woman. I am obsessed with Wonder Woman."

And there's nothing new about Hewitt's desire to win the part.

"I want to play Wonder Woman really badly," she told MTV last year, and then listed the reasons she was the right choice. "Curvaceous. Gold bracelets! Look at these wrists—tell me gold bracelets would not look good! And I love little tiaras, and Wonder Woman got to wear one of those. I'm very athletic."

http://scifiwire.com/2010/06/jennifer-love-hewitt-obse.php

Big tits doesn't make you Wonder Woman.

• 1 year later...