Game of Thrones

JackFetch

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Will. I have NEVER enjoyed an episode of GoT as much as this one. I am actually shocked that I enjoyed EVERY plot thread announced/tied up/pushed forward. I laughed my ass off in delight, I chuckled in perversion, I made the WTF face, I got chills, I was close to tears at one point and I am motherfucking jazzed for next season.

Hidden Content

I think it's safe to say that vast stretches of time can pass between scenes, especially before the one that hints at what's going on next season. Remember that this is in a time where it would literally take months to go from country to country, so we have to allow for the fact that a lot of time passes between almost every plot point in the series. It's literally the only time in history when the growth of child actors hinders filmic progress in the opposite. Basically, Tomin's been king for like two years.

Hidden Content

I think it's safe to say that vast stretches of time can pass between scenes, especially before the one that hints at what's going on next season. Remember that this is in a time where it would literally take months to go from country to country, so we have to allow for the fact that a lot of time passes between almost every plot point in the series. It's literally the only time in history when the growth of child actors hinders filmic progress in the opposite. Basically, Tomin's been king for like two years.

i just saw some confirmation that this scene takes place after they already stopped in Dorne because some of the ships have Martell sails on them. They are already technically in Westeros in the last scene. 

Yeah, that was pretty great.

Was

very surprised at Margaery's death. I'll miss the character a lot but it made sense after everything that's been going on over in that plot thread (in as much as anything in that plot thread made any sense). By the same token, Cersei's been such a hapless dipshit for so long it was really strange to see this side of her again.

• 1 year later...

In all my years of knowing the Internet Fairy I have never once received any acknowledgement of our acquaintance. I wonder if UK ISPs don't give as much of a shit or I'm going to be hit with a huge 'cease and desist' one day.

That being said I am enjoying this season so far.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a blast with this series. 

Spoiler

It was bittersweet to see the Stark children (what's left of them) all growed up as well as seeing a pompous Dany, with some decisions that have started to make her followers doubt her, succumb to her nephew's charms. 

I loved the pace of the season: less episodes, less pissing around. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought episode 5 was one of the best of the season too. I don't get why people are upset. I'm almost upset in its predictability. It's exactly where this has all been heading.

I would put it at second best of the season and one of the very best of the entire series.