Game of Thrones

JackFetch

Also, WTF is going on with Margaery?

Last week it's clearly laid out that she's staying strong and fighting the effects of everything that's happening with the Sparrow and whatnot. One week later she's totally on board with him and there's zero explanation. Either she is truly aligning herself with Jonathan Pryce, which is bullshit and just plain bad storytelling if they're not going to show her going from A to B, or she's up to something, which makes more sense, but is totally surprised by the sight of Jamie and Diana Rigg turning up to stop her from walking (and which would make the alliance between Tommen and the Church unnecessary), and there's no way I buy she wouldn't have gotten word in advance of that. Alternatively, she threw her brother and husband under the bus in exchange for being allowed to walk away, which no. Don't buy it.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahaha! Yup!

The moment it became clear that The Hound was in a village of peaceniks with some semblance of a good life (like 9 seconds into the episode), I was like, "oh shit, all these people are going to be dead in an hour." Yup.

The only way I would have been wrong is if it happened next episode.

The last three episodes of the season are usually where the pot starts boiling over. If anything, I feel like the stuff with The Hound, while awesome and making me long for more of The Hound, felt disconnected. I know a lot of people are starting to talk like we're going to get the entire Lady Stoneheart stuff finally with The Hound standing in for Brienne but I almost feel like I'd rather The Hound kills a ton of The Brotherhood then just does his thing across Wesros.

Also, I find it hilarious how this is the second time that nobles on the run decide to hook up with Dani. At the rate we're going, I half expect Arya to end up with her after getting bandaged up since she's so obviously not dead.

It was a good episode. My only problem is that Arya's entire story arc. She;s spent the last two seasons at Assassin School and now, she's going back to Westros with barely anything new going on for her. Maybe something will happen in the finale (maybe she and Varys are on the same boat. Who knows? I just know that I hope anything happens to her to justify two seasons that have kind of gone nowhere.

This week was interesting. First off, that battle? Awesome sauce. I knew Littlefinger was going to show up sooner than later but definitely everything rocked.

On the other side of the world, seeing what one dragon can do puts into context finally how big of an advantage Dany has. Then, they finally ended all this stuff with the slavers so woo, another plot thread that continue to move, especially when you add in someone having ships now.

This was our action episode, next week for the finale appears to be our episode where all the political stuff happens. Should be fun.

Great episode. Definitely the best of the season by a longshot. Maybe top three in the entire show.

The direction and editing of that battle scene owes as much to Braveheart as it does Saving Private Ryan. Brilliant piece of battlefield filmmaking.

Holy fuck tonight.

Everything is paying off. All the Dorne bullshit that I never cared about? Paid off big time. Arya leaving Assassin School? Paid off and made what I said was a waste two weeks ago worth it. All the dumb slaver stuff? It works now.

I know not to get my hopes up that the next two seasons are going to be 100% as good as the high I'm riding right now but still. I've never been a Cersi fan but everything that happened this season for her? Paid off. The fact that it's going to be her vs Dany for the next season is going to be grand.