Game of Thrones

JackFetch

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the great thing about Stannis is simple: he doesn't actually want to be king. Had Joffery actually been Robert's son, he'd be chasing the rebels all over creation, but letter of the law says, he's king, so he'll do his duty.

I loved the council scene. Joffrey cutting down Tywin, Tywin sending him to bed, and Tywin and Tyrion's conversation about family. Great stuff.

With all the executions Davos has gotten out of, it feels like he exists for George R. R. Martin to toy with the fans before he kills him.

The biggest moment in the episode was probably Arya killing for revenge for the first time. Her story is the most interesting to me by this point.

Glad Ygritte shot Jon full of arrows, asshole deserved it.

The reunion between Cersei and Jaime was well done. No tears, no big emotional embrace. They just look at each other, she looks at his stump of an arm, and a shot of Jaime looking lost. Wondering where Jaime will go from here.

As for Dany, it doesn't matter if it was filmed in Morocco. They could have brought in extras to make the crowd more diverse. Someone during the planning stages should have said, "hey guys, this sounds a bit White Savior-ish, maybe we should change it."

The Tywin/Tyrion thing was brilliant. But I liked the Cersei/Tyrion scene better.

Also: I saw lots of white people too. I don't care frankly. People in lots of places are culturally similar with different social castes. Who gives a shit who's freeing them?

There's lots more bad people that are white in this show than any other race. This is fantasy. The only race that matters is the divide set up within the world it takes place.

My favorite part of the episode is that it did away with the plotline I couldn't give a shit about.

It was starting to dwindle but I liked Rob's building momentum and a possible turn of the tide. If there's a storyline I can't give a toss about it's Dani Dragonborn and her love power.

My favorite part of the episode is that it did away with the plotline I couldn't give a shit about.

It was starting to dwindle but I liked Rob's building momentum and a possible turn of the tide. If there's a storyline I can't give a toss about it's Dani Dragonborn and her love power.

Dany sucks, but she's always surrounded by such cool characters, like Khal Drogo, Jorah Mormont and Barristan Selmy, it's kind of a waste.

And Viserys! He was almost as much fun as Joffery!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...