Game of Thrones

JackFetch

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That moment with Arya was so great. I can't wait to see the next scene she's in.

Also looking forward to where Sansa goes now that she's playing the Game.

As soon as Oberyn had his exchange with Ellaria, I knew he was going to die. Before that, I figured he would get one of those little wins the characters get from time to time, and then Tywin would pull something and Tyrion would still be in hot water. After that, no way. And his death was perfectly Game of Thrones. He could have killed The Mountain and gotten revenge, but he had to hear him acknowledge what he had done and he had to have Tywin be associated with it. Absolutely brutal death, too. This is probably the hardest death for me so far because Oberyn was such a great character.

Why still spoilers? We can talk about it on Facebook but not here?

Basically it's whoever dies first. Doesn't matter if the other guy dies later, only the first death counts. As of the end of that show the Mountain is grievously, perhaps fatally injured but he's not dead. Therefore Tyrion is judged guilty.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, for sure!

I really knew they weren't going to knock off Tyrion. Even if he died in the books, I could see them taking him thhrough the next season. He's carried the show far too much, but I felt as though I was going to be upset with how his arc would end this season because they weren't killing him. I expected him getting on the ship and everything and being let down bigtime. I never expected him to kill his father...until he walked into his room, that is.

Wow.

Tyrion and Jaime's hug got me right in the feels. If Dinklage doesn't get an Emmy for this episode than it has no credibility. The scene with Shae was amazing.

Spoilers ahead:

The Hound :( He was my favorite character this season. Arya leaving him to die in agony was cold. She's going to be a great character.

Brienne has proven herself to be the best swordsman...er swordsperson in the world. She had Jaime beat before they were interrupted, and bested The Hound.

Everyone expected the ending to be a certain lady who's heart is of stone, but I'm kind of glad it ended where it did. Every story is going off in brand new directions with Arya going off on her own, Tryion fleeing King's Landing, and Bran hanging out with whatever that guy is.

In spoiler response to Venneh:

I've long thought that there would be a crescendo of sorts with Daenarys and Stannis as they have been the two, next to the late Rob Stark, amassing armies for almost the entire run of the show. But it very much appears that Bran is being raised to be someone who possibly has the power to best both Daenarys' dragons AND Stannis' Fire Witch. And I think that, that's whay may come of all this, a three-way war between these supernaturally powerful armies.

In spoiler response to Venneh:

I've long thought that there would be a crescendo of sorts with Daenarys and Stannis as they have been the two, next to the late Rob Stark, amassing armies for almost the entire run of the show. But it very much appears that Bran is being raised to be someone who possibly has the power to best both Daenarys' dragons AND Stannis' Fire Witch. And I think that, that's whay may come of all this, a three-way war between these supernaturally powerful armies.

What about the Ice Zombies?

I am now caught up. My season Top 10:

10. No Stark deaths! - Fucking finally.

9. Varys boards a ship in Episode 10 - LOVED it. Very understated comedy.
8. Joffrey's death - Mainly the fact that it happened. Wasn't nearly as brutal as it should've been.
7. Crazy Aunty is made to fly - "She had it coming"
6. The Night's Watch brother who got hit by a giant's arrow - What a glorious death!
5. Podrick - lol podrick
4. Tyrion's courtroom speech - venom dripping from every word
3. The Hound's mentoring - Warrior etiquette 101
2. Mecha-Hodor - Magic wand, make my Hodor GROW
1. The whole of Episode 9 - It always feels odd when a whole episode is dedicated to just one area of the story but this was handled very well. To have split it up would've been wrong. The rise of Jon Snow as future commander. Poor Ygritte...

I liked the season as a whole:

• I still give little of a toss about Danny Dragonborn and her mis-adventures in the East.
  • The Stannis arc was good because it was underplayed (and aided by Mycroft Holmes).
  • The Ironborns/ kinda suck. I feel really sorry for Theon...sorry, Reek. Ramsey was less terrifying (and oddly like Matt Smith's Doctor) but still a throughily deserved deaths is due...
  • Bran - If he's going to fly, PLEASE let Hodor fly =D but not in a Moon Door way

And now to wait for another year. Sigh...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It's one way to get rid of the book readers spoiling it for everyone. It will definitely affect book sales when it finally comes out though. Casual fans won't buy it since they saw the show. If the book came out first, a lot of them would rush to buy it. It's the way the movies drove up sales of the Harry Potter books.