Game of Thrones

JackFetch

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The chess game between Margaery and Cersei got a lot more interesting this week. Still love Bronn. Brutal fight at the end.

"You know nothing, Jon Snow." Damn, that was a great moment.

Chess? Cersei only sees one move at a time. Why else would someone with all of her baggage unleash a bunch of zealots? Her father pegged her completely when he told her she is nowhere near as smart as she thinks she is.

Also book stuff

R+L=J all but confirmed in this one

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm out after tonight.

Sansa's rape is brutal. It's even worse for not seeing what happens. All you see is Theon's face contorting in agony and horror, and Sansa's screams and cries.

And if all they can come up with for character development is that? Yeah. Unless

Sansa figures out how to summon the horde that's clearly there to defend her, or straight up murders Ramsay

, I'm out.

It wasn't rape. She was terrified and wasn't happy about it, but she went through with it willingly. Theon's face wasn't contorting because of how brutal it was. He didn't want to watch what is basically his sister lose her virginity to a mad man because he knows what her life will be like with him now. The bath scene among others showed that Sansa thinks she knows what she is doing, and is doing it of her own accord.

I'm going to at least follow the summaries, maybe watch an episode if it sounds good, but right now, I'm kind of sick of the use of rape to be dark and edgy/as a substitute for character growth. The moment they put her into Jeyne Poole's role, we all knew this was going to happen essentially, but it doesn't mean I'm happy about it.

Ehh, I just remember that the books had a character with the fan-nickname "The Mountain That Rapes" and some of the other shit that's happened and realize that it could be a million times worse. Yeah, they've went majorly off book but that was bound to happen eventually. Yeah, what they did was revolting and bad writing but I have to believe they're going to pay it off eventually just because no writer/actor is going to let things go this grimdark without a pay off. Up until the end of last season, I pretty much blanked out the Sansa stuff. If I was going to get upset about anything, it would be the Loras stuff but that's only if I gave two cents about his character either.

I haven't seen the latest episode yet, but I think this is the best season of the show so far. I care about all of the stories, which has never happened, and the season's treatise on religion and power is fucking on point. Bronn is amazing. Jonathan Pryce is amazing and NO Bran subplot! It's like my insane fan letters reached them!

Yeah, I was kind of lukewarm on this season for a while, but in the last few episodes things have been building up really effectively. There's no fat in any of the episodes; everything that happens is happening for a reason. There's not nearly as much Peter Dinklage as I would have normally asked for, but A) what he's given, he absolutely KILLS, and B) "There's not enough of the best thing in it" is not the worst thing to say about a TV show.

Also, no one is dreaming that they're a bird for half an episode, and that certainly helps.