Need Help

Hello everyone, I have recently purchased Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land for GB(playing it mostly on my Super Gameboy)and it works great in terms of playability, I don't have to blow in it to get it to work and it doesn't freeze while I play, however it doesn't save for long. I can stop the game and than for a short time I'll put it back on and the game is still saved, but if I leave it off for a day or so and turn it on its no longer saved. If anyone can help me figure out how to fix it, I'll be greatly appreciative.

• 3 months later...

The problem is that almost all older game cartridges used batteries for the save file and, as a result, those batteries expire. You can buy replacement batteries online and retrofit them into the game. It does kill what saves you have but you get an extra few years.

What kind of battery would I need to purchase online. I have the same problem with my Super Nintendo version of Super Mario World 1 and 2. I need a replacement battery for Gameboy(original)and SNES, thanks for the help

Gameboy games need a CR2025 or a CR2032

SNES games use a CR2032.

In most cases, it's better to just buy another copy of the game. Replacing batteries requires some soldering ability and if you mess up it will ruin your game.