JackFetch

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Krypt has a screamer prank.

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

The fuck? Which one is it?

It happens randomly, but I've already gotten it twice.

I boggles the mind why they thought that was a good idea. I makes unlocking stuff extremely annoying.

God DAMN, I hate playing as Jax. But I'm forced to in this chapter of Story Mode. :madgo:

I thought he was alright. It was facing Shao Khan as Liu Kang that drove me nuts.

I've been playing this most of the day in story mode, and the story is fucking awesome. It's basically a retelling of the first three games, with all the different characters. It feels like what the movie should have been. I thought after beating Shang Tsung it'd be over, but it wasn't. So, that was awesome.

My main gripes are, you sometimes face the same enemies several times, which isn't a problem, except when you've already faced them in 2 on 1 tag team matches.

For example, I spent near twenty minutes getting my ass kicked by Sektor and Cyrax, and then a few minutes later, faced them one on one. It was a lot easier, and should have been the other way around.

I also feel that Shao Khan is a fucking dick, he is so fucking hard to beat. And you have to play that as Liu Kang, who I'm shit with.

Basically, I am loving this so far.

For the Liu/Shao fight, spam low fireballs over and over.

Ha, exactly what I was going to suggest. Spam low fireballs, and when he taunts, use the flying straight kick and jump back. Build your X-ray meter up, unleash, use bicycle kick after the X-ray launch. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I'm at Nightwolf Vs. Quan Chi right now. Only played it once and got owned, but I was hurrying to get ready for work, so I'm sure I'll beat him next time.

Words cannot describe how awful I am at this game. I just don't get the combo timing. I do exactly what it tells me in the tutorial and he won't do it. If I try and do it fast he doesn't do the second move, and if I go slower he's out of reach to do the last move. Back in my day we didn't have to worry about combos until MK3 came out, which is coincidentally when I stopped playing fighting games.

Combos have been around much longer than that, but in Mortal Kombat, they operate under very different rules. It doesn't help that each character is almost exactly the same outside of a few command normals and EVERYONE has a projectile, so playing defensively is useless.

I don't see me playing it much after a few more weeks. I thought there was going to be a big community upsurge for it, but that died down almost immediately after people picked up the game. From a feature standpoint, it's fantastic, but the fighting system itself just isn't that good.

Combos have been around much longer than that, but in Mortal Kombat, they operate under very different rules. It doesn't help that each character is almost exactly the same outside of a few command normals and EVERYONE has a projectile, so playing defensively is useless.

I don't see me playing it much after a few more weeks. I thought there was going to be a big community upsurge for it, but that died down almost immediately after people picked up the game. From a feature standpoint, it's fantastic, but the fighting system itself just isn't that good.

I'm renting the game. And that's all I'd really recommend people do. I am going to play through the story mode, which I'm enjoying, and then play the arcade mode for a day at most, then send it back, as there is nothing else I want to do with the game.

Also, the story mode ended exactly how I hoped it would.

The final fight was so hard. It took me around twenty attempts to defeat Shao Khan.

And Raiden was easily the worst character to put up against him, as I could do bugger all with him.

The ending was great, and I hope they are able to do a follow up game in the same style, with the story carrying on.

All I'm doing now is trying out all the character fatalities and that'll be me done with the game. It was fun while it lasted.

• 2 months later...

This game is beyond dead at this point, but they just announced the weirdest DLC character ever.

Nu Freddy. Yeah.

Why does he have the knives on both hands? I don't think he even had that in the new movie.

His fatalities looked interesting, but yeah, the game is pretty much done. The story mode was great and all, but once you complete it, there's no real reason to keep playing.

• 2 years later...