Episode 97

RSS

After discussing when they'll be reviewing The Dark Knight on Earth-2.net: The Show, James and Mike speak about the latest casting news for The Dark Knight Rises and the passing of a DCAU mainstay. Then they jump into their reviews of "Patriot Act," "The Great Brain Robbery," "Grudge Match," "Far From Home," and "Ancient History." Also, Mike confuses a household appliance for a motorcycle. [ 2:08:55 || 62.1 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.worldsfinestpodcast.com/episodes/wfp_097.mp3

Guest TFG1Mike

The only part of Patriot Act I can't stand is Eling. I love all Green Arrows bits and stuff. I even love the kids pretending to be Vigilante and Shining Knight at the end.

Guest TFG1Mike

Not sure if you guys knew this, but in the flashback scene Katar and hath-Set are kinda character comparisons to Hro and Kragger from Starcrossed. Héctor Elizondo voiced both Kragger and Hath-Set.

Even though time passes within JLU Shadow of The Hawk and Ancient History are technically a 2 parter. The way I see it Shadow of the Hawk happens then I'd say 3-5 months pass until we see Ancient History.

James Remar played Raiden in MK: Annihilation ..... that role aside I've always been a fan of his... he has a very commanding voice. Bruce Timm had said on one of the DVD features that when Remar yelled the line get out it made him jump.

Mike,

About Luthor using Flash's power's better than Wally, I would put out a couple points.

First, when we're talking speed, it's very much physics. Luthor would be able to intuit a lot of this easily given his intellect. Also, given a) his mindset and b) that Flash robbed him of ascension to godhood, it makes sense that he's been taking Flash more seriously than me probably did early in the League's history and building up a dossier of what he can do.

As to the flying thing, to be honest, i think you're giving Luthor too much credit and selling Wally short. Wally was clearly a couple of thousand feet up in "I am Legion". He figured out a way to brake his fall, experimented until he got it right, and actually braked to a hover about 10-15 feet off the ground - all under a constant acceleration due to gravity (And while this was never mentioned in the DCAU, in the comics, he falls faster when using his speed - the same aura that protects him from friction decreases wind resistance, so he fell faster than most people would. This was a big factor in Flash 54, "Nobody Dies", where he jumped out of a hole in a plane to save a stewardess who'd been sucked out). Granted, he then lost his balance and fell, but he turned what may have been a mile-high plummet into a single story fall.

Luthor, on the other hand, was in free fall. Given that both gasses and liquids are fluids, he had to figure out how to use his speed to move through a fluid medium. My 6 year old has been doing that for about 2 years. It's called swimming. Truly, he must have a dizzying intellect. Granted, it's harder to push against air; on the other hand, my daughter has to remember to hold her breath. Wally was able to balance against the force of gravity. As soon as Mr. Terrific turned the gravity back on - Luthor went down hard.

So, if that was the main thing bothering you about this one, I wouldn't let it bother you.

Chris

• 1 year later...

I don't know if anybody noticed this in the episode "Ancient history" but when Hawkgirl appraches Batman about WarHawk she says "Tell me about my son". Those five words always takes me back to BTAS and I have always wondered if the writers reused the line. If you recall and the name of the episode escapes me but Bruce asks the Doctor who was Rupert Thorne's brother and a good friend of both Thomas Wayne and Leslie Tompkins to "Tell me about my father." This minor thing is just a sidenote for me but for some reason Hawkgirls comment always takes me back to BTAS....not to mention that the line is to Batman himself I don't think it would have the same effect if it was any other character.

I agree with you on that one. Well I am about to watch Worlds Finest from STAS. Cannot wait to see Batman toss Superman across a room and Superman's response. Great stuff. I miss WFP and I wish they would release something to add to this universe though I know they never will. Tommorrow The Dark Knight Returns Blu-Ray is released. I cannot wait!