• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At London MCM this weekend:

One long-winded question [about Watchmen and the DC Rebirth] was cut off sharply by Dave Gibbons who said “I wouldn’t make the question too long as all I’ve going to say is no comment.”

But answering a follow up asking if they even dropped him an  e-mail, he said “No they didn’t. And that’s all I’m going to say.”

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The first two months of the New 52 saw average DCU sales of 67K & 59K. The first two months average sales of the DCU titles during Rebirth are 66K & 90K. That’s right, average DCU sales this months are 90K per title! And yes, that includes the lower-selling titles holding over that haven’t yet been cancelled or transitioned over to Rebirth. (If you count just the Rebirth titles, the average sales in July are 116K!) After adjusting for returnability, DC had twenty comics over 100K.

• 7 months later...

The Jason Todd podcast on the front page got me thinking that Damian really shouldn't be Robin anymore. He is working with everyone other than Batman at this point and Batman in Detective Comics has an entire team going without even mentioning Damian and Duke from We Are Robin is his main side kick in at least All Star Batman. Meanwhile Damian is in the main character in Teen Titans, co lead in Super Sons with Jonathan Kent, and it seems like Nightwing for the foreseeable future is going to be a Dick and Damian team up book . I get for Super Sons they want it be Superboy and Robin, but it just seems super odd that Batman and Robin almost never interact.

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Since this is kind of the ubiquitous DC News thread, Geoff Johns has exited his position as president and Chief Creative Officer to start his own production company. Jim Lee is stepping into the CCO position. That said, Johns is essentially still involved with DC with his new stuff including still writing.

This is after Diane Nelson exited last week.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I read Nightwing (Rebirth) Volume 4 and there's a moment that is cool but that I disliked:

Spoiler

Nightwing fights through a plethora of super villains, including Magog - Nightwing takes him down way too easily. This is a character who gives Superman a hard time, and Nightwing takes him out in one move? Come on. Grayson just totally dominates everyone in his path and takes them down in a move or two.

While it makes Nightwing look amazing, it totally buries the super-powered villains. How can I take any of these characters seriously as a threat individually when 20 of them (not exaggerating) can't take down one human being? A tough, well trained human being and one of the best fighters on the planet, sure, but you can put someone over way too strong.

At least they didn't have Nightwing fighting Jigsaw this time.

Hello Nightwing, I want to play a game...

• 1 month later...

Been reading Action Comics since Bendis took over. It has kinda become so bad it's good to me already. It is blatantly obvious that he is desperate to One More Day Clark and Lois and editorial won't let him. Probably because Superboy is too popular. So now he's got them in like this weird half assed open marriage.

• 6 months later...

Both Bleeding Cool and Newsarama are reporting that Tom King will be leaving Batman sooner than expected. His run was always planned as 100-plus issues, but now word is he'll be departing the book around #85 / the end of 2019.

Sucks that he may not get to finish his much touted 100 issue run, but to be real I do not care. King's run has never been consistently good, and since the blowback from issue #50 and what's happened in Heroes in Crisis, it's interesting to see DC willing to cut him loose for whatever reason. King's a nice guy with an earnest vision for his story, but he's nowhere near as good as people have said he is, or at least his Batman run isn't.