Norman Bates vs The Thing

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Norman Bates

Anthony-Perkins-Norman-Bates-psycho-74347_383_454.jpg

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 170 lbs

Species: Human

Fighting Style: Uh.. Psycho

Favourite B-52s Song: Bad Influence

vs

The Thing

the-thing.jpg

Height: Varies

Weight: Varies

Species: Alien

Fighting Style: Parasitic

Favourite B-52s Song: Cosmic Thing

Norman is the only villain in this tournament to truly scare me, and that's because he's real. Somewhere in this world, right now, someone like him exists. And the thought of that is all I need to push him through to the end.

I understand the love for Bates, but The Thing is as innovative and oppressively malicious a horror villain gets.

IN the same way Bates is the guy next door, The Thing is us. You could be it and you don't know. That's what's terrifying and makes The Thing the one to beat in this whole tournament for me.

I understand the love for Bates, but The Thing is as innovative and oppressively malicious a horror villain gets.

IN the same way Bates is the guy next door, The Thing is us. You could be it and you don't know. That's what's terrifying and makes The Thing the one to beat in this whole tournament for me.

Apart from being the one to beat (I'm still pulling for Xenomorphs) I agree with all of that. I'm going for the Thing. Bates will never incorporate himself into society and take it down, The Thing will.

Also, when has Norman ever opened up his chest and ripped someone's arms off?

Example:

I'm going with Norman Bates, because simply, Anthony Perkins is fucking incredible. Not to slight the Thing, because that film and creature are both amazing, but we have the Thriller Genre we have today because of what Hitchcock and Perkins did with Psycho and Norman Bates. The film is just shy of perfect, the character is incredibly iconic, and wonderfully written and played.

Plus, terrifying.