Band suggestions

• 5 weeks later...

I wouldn't be against this, but probably on top of the regular show. I also had the idea of a "one-offs" series. Either a soundtrack, or a band that only had one album, or a musical project that had a single release (a la a Supergroup).

There was a band called Lodestar that had one album out in 1996.

The album was self titled.

Wish they had done more.

It was good.

How about a group whom one of it's members once described as being "...just a band. Who made it very, very big, that's all."

The Beatles.

I would also suggest other British Invasion era groups, some already mentioned, but for some reason Rolling Stones aren't

Would you consider Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band a group? How about Wings as usually, sadly, their albums get lumped with all Paul McCartney solo stuff.

While I wouldn't be against The Beatles, the problem with them is that they've got like 30 official albums. Even at 3 albums an episode, that's 10 episodes of The Beatles. It's a little insane.

Also, not necessarily modern rock. Maybe a few years down the line.

Bruce and the E Street Band I would not be against either. Still, in a while though.

Never Wings. I fucking hate Wings.

The Beatles are a strange duck for me. On the one hand, I do like their early poppy stuff. But once they got older and more political and Yoko got into it...not so much.

I'm the opposite. I cannot stand their poppy material, but I can enjoy their drug-fueled outing.

I fully acknowledge that they aren't for everyone, but the Beatles are, as far as I'm concerned, It. Full stop. Greatest band ever. Twelve albums in seven years and every last one of them amazing in its own way. (Well, Yellow Submarine, not so much.)

I remember listening to the White Album for the first time and very quietly having my mind blown by the experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Rest assured, Clutch has been on my list since the beginning, and will be there until we cover them.

I'm not sure I've ever heard a Bowling for Soup song. One that i knew was performed by them at least.

I thought so... can't wait...

Maybe I should hold where I am so I can be fresh with each album.

Thinking back to Episode 500, are you likely to do more episodes where you discuss tracks that revolve around a common theme? Say in between bands, so that you can keep up the discography format, but as a showcasing your opinions on other bands that might not make your main lists. If not as a full podcast episode (the numbering might be difficult there), then as an occasional earth-2 segment?

I think it comes down to the REM discussion - listening to Dubs refence his friend who's a massive fan (I'm guessing Cash, Dubs?) and listening to Des vent his spleen about them! I acknowledge that the main podcast gives you a free rein for tangents on other bands anyway, but I thought the segment came off very well.