WWE '12

RSS

Making a wrestling game is hard. Forget for a second even trying to deliver a somewhat up-to-date product in the given timeframe, you also have to replicate a complex and often misunderstood blend of, well, sports and entertainment. It's easy to see why most wrestling games are inconsistent at best and abysmal at worst. You have to simulate a choreographed fight under the limitations of a spontaneous, legitimate contest. It's a constant battle of expectation vs. execution, style vs. substance, and fantasy vs. reality. In a lot of ways, it's like the WWE itself.

<b>To read more, click here:</b> http://www.earth-2.n...ws/v/wwe-12.php

Good review Dubs! I love wrestling games, I just rarely buy them anymore as I'm not really invested in the TV programming nowadays.

In that you've reviewed most all of them, what would you say is the best wrestling game of the last 10 years? It sounds like every time a title improves upon its predecessor in one area, it takes a step back in another. Obviously, I'm not going to think anything tops No Mercy due to my N64 fanboyism, but that's partially why I said 10 years!

There are two, and neither are WWE games.

The best from a gameplay standpoint is King of Colosseum 2. Not the most visually spectacular, but every single match feels like an epic struggle that you had to fight to win.

The best wrestling game to watch is Fire Pro Wrestling Returns.

You can create literally any wrestler that's ever lived, and recreate his ring behavior down to specific AI perimeters. Can be overwhelming to start with, but infinitely rewarding, and the matches are always fun.