Episode 02.04: Use Your Illusion II

RSS

This episode is so silly, Damien barely gets a greeting out before Desmond bursts into laughter. But once the boys start discussing Guns N' Roses' Use Your Illusion II, they talk about movie quotes sampled at the beginning of songs, documentaries about black metal, and world politics. And that's all while talking about "Civil War!" Cozy up around the fire with the family, and listen to Desmond giggle and Damien deliver his now-trademarked "HHWhat!" response for the holidays. Neither Desmond and Damien, nor the parent company of Dropped D, are responsible for any Hoon Pee or Days of Thunder one may experience while listening to this episode. It's your own damn fault. Also, which song is so ridiculous it brings up references to Katy Perry, Dante's Inferno, pro wrestling, and Nazis? You have to listen to find out! [ 1:37:01 || 47.0 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/droppedd/episodes/droppedd_002-04.mp3

Guest TFG1Mike

Actually Tantric is from the town I currently live in Louisville KY. They've released four albums to date. They do have a few other good songs, their third album The End Begins has the most radio friendly tracks. Loving the episode, keep up the excellent work!

My reordered Use Your Illusion.

1) Civil War

2) You Could Be Mine

3) Back Off Bitch

4) Bad Obsession

5) Don't Cry

6) Dust N Bones

7) Knocking on Heaven's Door

8) Double Talking Jive

9) Pretty Tied Up

10) November Rain

My guess is that Use Your Illusion II charted better because of the Terminator 2 tie-in.

That is probably the right guess.

Actually Tantric is from the town I currently live in Louisville KY. They've released four albums to date. They do have a few other good songs, their third album The End Begins has the most radio friendly tracks. Loving the episode, keep up the excellent work!

I checked out the Breakdown video and loved the song until Scott Stapp Junior started singing. The band, like Creed, is actually very solid and writes some great music.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, the oWa got a reference! Thanks to someone putting all the entrance themes of the time together, I can attest to having heard 'My World'. And I can also attest to the fact that it is unmitigated garbage.

Fun stuff as usual, gents! I'm very nearly caught up....

• 1 year later...

Listening to the back catalogue of Dropped D here, and you have no idea how much it warms my heart to hear Des say that Load and Re-Load are personal favorites. I honestly never expected that. Those albums are unfairly shit on so badly, it saddens me.

Also, "Steven Adler is the heart ring in the Captain Planet of rock n' roll" is one of the greatest things I've ever heard.