New guy saying hello.

bryan_lomax

Hi there,

I just want to say hello to every one, and particularly just say a big thanks to Mike and James for their work on WFP. I found it on itunes earlier in the year and have been steadily making my way through each episode. Sadly, the end is getting nearer. I finished the reviews of Teen Titans (which I believe to be in continuity) today, so there is just Justice League Unlimited left. Sad times. Sad times. Anyway, as I don't like to have too many podcasts on the go at once, I have avoided checking out the rest of Earth 2's library. But with me drawing near to the end of WFP I will be looking to delve into one of the other podcasts within the next couple of weeks. I was thinking 'For Your Ears Only', but I am open to suggestions from the rest of the peeps on these forums.

Anyway, thanks again Mike and James,

God bless!

Bryan.

Welcome to the forums Bryan!

I (Ian) definitely recommend For Your Ears Only - the Connery reviews are a bit shaky, but the formula nails itself down by episode 6. Obviously seek out podcasts based around things you're interested in - Earth-2.net: The Show is a thoroughly mixed bag, and if you want to ease in via Mike & James' familiar dynamic, there are plenty of reviews that they have done within the main podcast.

Otherwise there are standalone podcasts for anime, horror, music, video games, films, re-casting films, slating bad films, Joss Whedon projects, British sci-fi show Blake's 7, and a few more besides that. Enjoy browsing through!

Welcome to the forums, Bryan! And thank you for the kind words.

If you like hearing people rip apart really, really bad movies, you can try mine and Damien Wilkens' podcast, Tranquil Tirades.

But really, he should listen to WFP Epsiode 16. Anyone who likes your review of The Terrible Trio will love Tranquil Tirades.

• 1 month later...

I've been making my way through WFP for the fourth time now. Loving each episode over again. I'm episode 50 (batman beyond recap) and its so sad that I'm 50 episodes till the end.

Damn I love this show. And For Your Ears Only and Tranquil Tirades and even For Better Or Worse.