JLA Draft

dc20willsave

Let's draft a Justice League! Imagine this site is DC, and we're doing one of those big writer changeovers where all the teams get shuffled. Everyone who wants to sign up to this gets to be called a writer of a DC Jusice League, be it America, International, Extreme Justice, or whatever floats your boat. Hell, might even be The Outsiders or something. Up to you.

Couple of rules-

1. If a character is picked then they're out of selection. If you want Wally West and he's already been picked tough luck.

2. Turn order. We're going alphabetical by forum user names. No changing your user name to give you a better position, mostly since we're also doing a Snake Draft meaning round one is A-Z but round 2 is Z-A and so forth. It's more fair that way since First Position will get a A and C list member while Last Position will get Two B-List which averages out.

3. The first seven rounds will be character picks, followed by the initial villain of your first arc, and finally your title. If you want to go with a plot outline, then awesome. It's not required.

4. If the next person due to pick doesn't pick within 12hrs the next in line can go, but the person who missed their go can still make their pick any time after that.

5. There's a little less of a limit then there was with the X-Men draft but let's try to keep it mostly to heroes. Reformed villains are okay but it's going to look weird if The Joker is on Justice League of America. Now if you're drafting your own Suicide Squad though...

6. With the reality reboots that happen and alternate realities that happen, things get a tad bit more complicated, especially since certain characters don't exist in certain continuities. We can weigh in on this but I'm going to suggest, for the sake of simplicity, and in case someone likes a characters continuity pre or post Crisis or Flashpoint, that we set this after some kinda event comic that was a thinly veiled way to go back to the old universe with some Flashpoint elements and pre-crisis elements sneaking in (sort of like how continuity changed post-Infinite Crisis). This way, everyone gets the best elements and, if you want to use Aunt Harriet, Lady Godiva, Barry Allen, and Comet the Super-Horse on your team, go right ahead.

7. That said, with the multiple iterations of a character running through the multiverse, maybe limit things to characters that have been part of the so-called main reality ie Earth-1/New Earth. So, technically Kingdom Come Superman and Earth-2 Superman are on the table.

One thing to decide: Do we want the option of people trading their picks i.e. Fourth position can trade their first round pick to Fifth Position in exchange for taking their fifth and sixth round picks. Fourth Position will have a smaller team but this way they can ensure getting those two A-List characters that they feel are necessities.

For convenience, here's a list of nearly everyone who's been a member of the Justice League at some point or another. I'm leaving JSA off for right now considering how full that team got at one point.

Amazing Man

Animal Man

Aquaman

Atom

August General in Iron

Aztek

Batman (Bruce Wayne)

Batman (Dick Grayson)

Big Barda

Black Canary

Black Lightning

Bloodwynd

Blue Beetle (Jamie Reyes)

Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)

Blue Devil

Blue Jay

Booster Gold

Bulleteer

Captain Atom

Captain Marvel

Congorilla

Crimson Fox

Cyborg

Doctor Fate

Donna Troy

Doctor Light

Elongated Man

Etrigan

Faith

Fire

Firestorm (Jason Rusch)

Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond)

The Flash (Barry Allen)

The Flash (Wally West)

General Glory

Geo-Force

Godiva

Green Arrow (Connor Hawke)

Green Arrow (Oliver Queen)

Green Lantern (Guy Gardner)

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Green Lantern (John Stewart)

Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)

Guardian

Gypsy

Hawkgirl (Kendra Sunders)

Hawkgirl (Shayera Hol)

Hawkman

Hourman

Huntress

Ice

Jade

Jesse Quick

Lightray

L-Ron

Major Disaster

Manitou Raven

Maxima

Martian Manhunter

Maya

Metamorpho

Mister Miracle

Mon-El

Nuklon

Obsidian

Oracle

Orion

Phantom Stranger

Plastic Man

Power Girl

The Ray

Red Arrow

Red Tornado

Rocket Red

Silver Sorceress

Snapper Carr

Starfire

Starman

Steel (Henry Heywood III)

Steel (John Henry Irons)

Supergirl

Superman

Tasmanian Devil

Tomorrow Woman

Triumph

Vibe

Vixen

Wonder Woman

Zatanna

Zauriel

So, okay, just say if you're interested, your thoughts on thei dea of trading picks, etc.

Also, a link to a Google Docs spreadsheet, tracking who chose who.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much the list is there just to remind people of some of the people who have been in the League but it's not a list of everyone that could potentially be pulled. . That said, this is the Justice League so anyone is game as long as you can come up with a vaguely passable reason. While I said that thing about The Joker, if you can come up with a good reason to have a mass murderer as a member of the Justice League of America, by all means.

For that matter, even though this is Justice League technically, I see no reason someone can't draft a Young Justice or Teen Titans.

I'll join this time. Now, you said this is limited to JL heroes, but then you mentioned the Suicide Squad. So, are we choosing the title and then basing our choices from there? I'm a bit confused.

I think Will meant, that it is a Justice League team, he was using Suicide Squad as a team that would feature The Joker, and saying how he would look out of place as a member of the Justice League, but fit in fine with the Squad.

You can pick any hero in the DCU, or reformed villain, just don't throw in The Joker as someone who's reformed and allowed to join the Justice League. For example, Catwoman, and The Riddler would be fine, but The Mad Hatter and Clayface are not.

Sorry, didn't mean to cause confusion. Choosing a title is the last thing actually you do. The list I posted in the first post is just a reminder of who's already been a member of the Justice League in the comics. You are not limited to that list. Actually, with currently being to 12 people in the draft, you almost have to go outside of the box. Hence, while it says JLA draft, realistically speaking, you can draft a Justice League of Whatever, The Outsiders, Teen Titans, JSA, or, Suicide Squad when it gets down to it.

Okay, I figure that's enough time to get members signed up. If someone wants to join in later, just post and say something. The Order for the first Round is:

Dan

dc20willsave

Dread

James D

Koete

The Master (since alphabetical order largely ignores the word "The" going to do the same.)

Preston

Professor

Stavros

Suavestar

Tom BITD

Venneh

You Know Who

So, Dan, as of right now you have 12 hours for you first choice. Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Dan, I could pretend to be surprised but I just can't be.

Night. A group of girls, sashes over their arms covered with patches walk through the street of Gotham, all of them wearing the same berets. In their midst is a short man wearing a top hat nearly half his height.

""Will you walk a little faster?" said a whiting to a snail."There's a porpoise close behind us, and he's treading on my tail.See how eagerly the lobsters and the turtles all advance! They are waiting on the shingle — will you come and join the dance? Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, will you join the dance?" The Mad Hatter says in the middle of the crowd.

The Hatter doesn't even hear the whirling blade flying through the air. The Top Hat is torn from Hatter's head and sticks into the wall. All of the little girls stop and look at Hatter.

"He took our cookie money. GET HIM!" Susie Derkins yells. The girls jump him.

Red Robin thinks for a second that he should save Jervis. Maybe in five seconds. It's more funny that he's getting beat up by a mob of 9 year olds. Besides, he already figured out where he's been hiding the other victims so far and the cops are already there. Not a bad nights work at all. If only he could shake that itch that somethings about to happen. Oh well, time to tie up The Mad Hatter first.

180px-Red_Robin_Drake.jpg

Tim Drake, Red Robin, is a skilled martial artist, a genius, and one of the world's best detectives to boot. He has also shown more than an adequate amount of leadership and strategic planning as well.