What games are you currently playing?

Mr. Keith

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent money on Watch Dogs and so far it's disappointed me. It's another in a chain of gamesmovies/tv shows with a great idea, but poorly executed. The protagonist has zero likability, I just don't care about him or his motives. And they must have know this, as they've jammed a sister/nephew in the story to make me feel something. I'm playing just to get my money back and to see if it's building to something.

I should have just got GTA out of the bargain bin!

• 3 months later...

It's weird the transition between those II era games and II and IV. I'm trying to go back to Brotherhood now and it's tough because I got so used to the fighting system in the later ones. It's not that one is better than the other, it's that they rearranged the console to change everything up.

IV is quite a bit of fun, although it's frustrating that they do the usual game thing of levelling you and your ship up to their best and then the game just ends. I mean, you can sail around getting GTA style wanted levels if you like but there's not a lot of point to it.

I'm finally almost done with Assasin's Creed III after switching to the PC version.. They really cut the quality of these games. Brotherhood was almost perfect. III is buggy and dumbed down. I should be starting Black Flag tomorrow. I hope it's better.

They switched over to a new game engine with AC3, and didn't really get it to work properly before it was released. By the time AC4 came out they figured everything out and made it amazing. In my mind AC4 is far and away the best game in the series, way better than even 2 or Brotherhood. It's so much more open and the controls are so much better.

Well, I started Black Flag. It looks like the same engine they've always used to me just upgraded. It's really chugging on my gaming rig though. I think all the foliage is really bogging it down. The ship stuff looks great, but I don't know if I like the ship combat. The Abstergo story is bananas. I think once you put yourself in the story, you need to step back and take a fresh look at it. I feel like the world has been pretty lifeless in the last couple games. There isn't much random talking and everyone just stands around not doing anything. I really liked the story of 3. I'm not into this story yet, but it's still early. I really don't like the main character either.

It might sound like I hate it, but I don't. Just like every game in this series, it takes awhile to ramp up.

Well, I started Black Flag. It looks like the same engine they've always used to me just upgraded.

The two big differences between the engines for AC1-Revelations and AC3-4 are the shading (you can see mottled-looking shadows on everything, though I don't know how it will show up on PC because of settings) and the controls, which are generally less mechanical-feeling and a lot more organic.

I didn't really care a whole lot about AC4's story (though the modern-day stuff was pretty cool); the gameplay was what I really liked. Just running around and being an assassin pirate was lots of fun.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wound up with Josephine. I was going after Sera for a while, and while that didn't work out we wound up becoming close friends, which was another thing that struck me as really cool and not something I would have figured a game would have thought of.