What games are you currently playing?

Mr. Keith

Playing some catch-up.

Batman: Arkham Origins: Liked Arkham Asylum, loved Arkham City, and this is essentially more of that. Everyone's favorite Batman simulator continues apace, this time without Kevin Conroy or Mark Hamill, but serviceable soundalikes do a decent job. Like City, the Riddler puzzles are unceasing and interminable, but everything else is pretty enjoyable.

Deadpool: Fun story, extremely repetitive gameplay.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved Arkham Asylum and City; I got every single collectible and completed every challenge; I got the platinum trophies in both. I HATED Arkham Origins. Everything about it made me want to break the disc in half. It honestly felt like the game equivalent of going from a Disney animated masterpiece to a 90s Disney direct-to-video cheapquel on VHS.

Currently balancing between four games:

KH: Birth by Sleep: I'm probably gonna need to kick down the difficulty on this if I can't get past this Vanitas fight in the next few days (playing on Proud). It's utterly insane.

Dragon Age Origins: Currently in the Brecian forest, I just need to sit down and continue the werewolf quest. Picked up II and Inquisition on various sales, so I'll have those to go onto when I'm done with this. Any recs for DLC for any of the three that anyone picked up and liked?

KH 3DS: Starting this up again. Will likely be set aside briefly for Smash Bros 3DS when it gets in this week.

Long Live the Queen: Got this as part of the Humble Bundle the other week. I have heard tales about this game. Failing lots of things, but haven't died yet! Yet is the key word here.

I loved Arkham Asylum and City; I got every single collectible and completed every challenge; I got the platinum trophies in both. I HATED Arkham Origins. Everything about it made me want to break the disc in half. It honestly felt like the game equivalent of going from a Disney animated masterpiece to a 90s Disney direct-to-video cheapquel on VHS.

Same here. It's like a chore trying to play Origins. I went back to it over the weekend and stopped after about 15 minutes.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mass Effect is a good game but Mass Effect 2 is definitely the better game. While there are a ton of side missions in 1, it was very straight forward. 2 gives you tons of choices and I feel like I get to know my crew mich better. Except Jacob. Jacob is the blandest of bland characters. I would have rather had Kaiden and I fucking loath Kaiden.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I just finished my Great Mass Effect Trilogy Replay of 2015. I had a great time. 3 was stronger than I remembered, and not just because of the tweaked ending. That updated ending really does leave me walking away feeling less like Bioware told me to go fuck myself; instead of "we're all essentially living in caves and everyone you love is either dead or marooned but hey, hope you enjoyed whatever color fireworks you got," there actually is some closure for the people I just spent 80+ hours with.

Also, 3 is fucking GRIM. I know it needed to be because of the story they were telling , but goddamn. Which is why the Citadel DLC was so enjoyable. In the middle of "everything is awful all the time," I got to spend a few hours just enjoying the company of all these characters, with a lot of legitimately hilarious back and forth and truly goofy, winking humor.