All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Adaptation, Moonstruck, and The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, the latter of which has a meta-ness about it that warrants its inclusion.
  3. Yesterday
  4. I third Moonstruck (thanks Mike and Shana!) and also throw in Renfield.
  5. Alas, the Classic Cage Era begins! It's 1986 and Uncle Frank Coppola directs Peggy Sue Got Married, the film where Kathleen Turner travels back in time to high school. Nicolas Cage plays her high school sweetheart back then and her ex-husband now. Bryan and Desmond talk about it. What more is there to say? [ download ]
  6. This week, Desmond and Duane take in the parade of character actors that is 1970's The Dunwich Horror. Then Desmond goes solo and finally checks out the related-in-title-only Beyond the Dunwich Horror from 2008. Songs included: "Goin' Down to Dunwich" by The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets, "Devil's Witchcraft" by Les Baxter, "Escape from Dunwich Valley" by Witchery, and "Gardens in the Dark" by inter Arma. [ download ]
  7. I'll second Moonstruck and Con Air. I would throw out Mandy or The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent for that third slot. Both are great Cage films.
  8. Last week
  9. Moonstruck, The Rock or Con Air or Face/Off, Pig
  10. Yes, you can help influence not only the film Pandy & I use as the joint review, but the homework we assign each other to plot the range of their career. As announced in Episode 102 - our subject will be Nicolas Cage. Again. The Year of Redux will see us take on ANY* Nicolas Cage film, regardless of whether they have been covered on Comic Reel-ief, Pulp Diction or anything else. It will still be a pick from Ian, a pick from Pandy and a third movie, although the disclaimer of the other brother not having seen their sibling's pick is being disapplied for 2024. Pandy & I will take an executive decision on what makes the show soon so get your ideas in before then! *We won't be covering National Treasure, Leaving Las Vegas and Drive Angry.
  11. Ian Wilson returns with a brand new Flickchart Forum, assessing the directorial career of Sam Raimi. Assisted by Desmond Reddick and Dave Probert, the panel ricochet from Raimi's early dealings in low budget horror to more mainstream 90s fare, the first Spider-Man films to grace the silver screen, and his more sporadic output since then. What will top the master list, and which films prove to be the most contentious? [ download ]
  12. http://www.earth-2.net/images/front/haa.jpg Hey, an Actor's Year of Redux continues with The Brothers Wilson profiling Halle Berry once again. The focus shifts from her early career supporting role in Eddie Murphy vehicle Boomerang to her ill-fated titular performance in 2004's Catwoman, then to her major contribution to the Wachowskis' ambitious filmic adaptation of Cloud Atlas. Along the way Ian fills Pandy in on the on-set fatality of the original Crow movie, the Wilson family trip to Edinburgh is analyzed, and a shout-out / mention goes to Donovan Grant's gran. And how do the brothers handle the inevitability of the podcast's new sponsorship deals? [ download ]
  13. Blade Runner vs Psycho Pleasantville vs Raiders of the Lost Ark The Seventh Seal vs Singin' in the Rain The Wicker Man vs One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest Gravity vs The Blues Brothers
  14. Earlier
  15. Ok...I was on to something here. I finally started to watch Mindhunter. It has its moments. The guy who plays Kemper is about as charming/chilling as an actor can be onscreen. It feels a bit info-dumpy, but that makes sense considering it's based on a book about the methodolgy of hunting serial killers. Watched episode one of Fallout. Not sure I'll watch another yet.
  16. Don't forget when Thomas has to choose between being pied with the blueberry pie or with the strawberry one.
  17. It's a knee-slapper! I particularly enjoy Agent Smith's comedy bow-tie and Morpheus never missing an opportunity with his squirting flower!
  18. Hahahaha Matrix Empire, Two Towers is my least favorite of the trilogy Phantasm
  19. This week on the show, Desmond and Tom try to review The Redeemer: Son of Satan. Then Desmond goes solo on a Dread Media Top 5 Religious Zealots in Horror Cinema (another list of amazing films). Songs included: "The Gory Story of Duane and Debbie" by Count Floyd, "The Redeemer" by Kataklysm, "Pilgrimage to Oblivion" by Ihsahn, and Everything Will Be Fine" by Einsturzende Neubauten. RIP Joe Flaherty. [ download ]
  20. I live here. I can see it whenever I want. :-) If you reschedule that trip, DM me. I will buy you a coffee.
  21. Adam West strikes again, the future is retro, and time travel problems abound as Christian and Will move forward into the hodgepodge but heartfelt Meet the Robinsons! [ download ]
  22. Julia Garner has been cast a female version of the Silver Surfer.
  23. Man, I really dropped off the Disney train after Emperor's New Groove. This was a film I saw advertised on buses and had palpably no interest in watching.
  24. So crazy. I had been planning on visiting that statue THIS COMING WEEKEND. I no longer am, but this was shocking to see. My buddy has a book launch in Bloomington and that's where the eclipse is in totality. I wanted to see this statue, the Ray Bradbury museum and a bunch of other nerdy shit too. I'm bummed.
  25. I'm excited to see it, but I'm waiting for a guy I know to produce some quality boots. Disney+ raised prices and this is literally the only thing I had any interest in watching there this year. Dark Side of the Ring is going swimmingly with these tiny bios. The Harley Race one that just came out was great.
  26. Meet the Robinsons vs. Swiss Family Robinson (1960) OR Meet the Robinsons vs. The Adventures of Tintin
  1. Load more activity