All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Once Upon a Time (But Also Different), a C2E2 2019 panel. [ 1:02:55 || 31.6 MB ]
  3. RSS

Episode 608

This week on Dread Media, travel back to 1988 with us as we discuss two very different films. First, Desmond and Darryll take a look at Penelope Spheeris's look at the excesses of the Sunset Strip's sleazy glam scene in The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years. Then, Devil Dinosaur Jr.'s sleaze is a little more DIY in his review of Jim Van Bebber's Deadbeat at Dawn. Songs included: "Bathroom Wall" by Faster Pussycat, "In My Darkest Hour" by Megadeth, "Safety Week" by Electric Eels, and "Eighties" by Killing Joke. [ 1:25:02 || 41.9 MB ]
  4. I've been going back and listening to old episodes of the show, and this one finally gave me a reason to sit down and read Marvels, which was great. I decided to resurrect this thread here because I was surprised nobody mentioned (or maybe even noticed, but I doubt that one, especially in the years since this episode) that Clark Kent is in attendance at Reed and Sue's wedding. I thought that was a cool Easter egg, I love stuff like that. Like I said, I'm sure this isn't news to anyone, but thought I'd mention it anyway
  5. ❤️❤️❤️ Can definitively say it was the grandest birthday morning I can remember! Thanks everyone!
  6. Overlord: Damn good B-movie. People don't make movies like this anymore, really. Also, Nazis get shot, so that's a definite plus. Films Watched: 23
  7. Yesterday
  8. #That's why the people of this world believe in Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl AND DONOVAN!#
  9. Step Brothers: kids movie night. This is pretty funny. Not as good on a second viewing. Die Hard: I stand by this being totally overrated. I wouldn't even put it in the top 5 action movies of 1988. It's decent. Scary Stories: A documentary on the SS to Tell in the Dark book series. Features: 33 Shorts: 15 Documentaries: 5 Rewatches: 4
  10. Tetsuo: The Bullet Man: This. Wasn't very good, to be honest. Films Watched: 22
  11. The Making of Mortal Kombat 11 with NetherRealm Studios, a C2E2 2019 panel. [ 58:45 || 29.6 MB ]
  12. Go in blind. Everything you need is in the video before the 'match' starts. Also, Delete or Decay (the follow up) is really fun.
  13. Last week
  14. Professor

The Music Thread

Randomly heard today that Steven Tyler is 71. And that kinda shocked me. The punchline for old rock band has been The Rolling Stones for so long that Aerosmith has just kinda flown under the radar.
  15. Still going thru my VHS collection. Finally found a keeper. Even had the typed out match listings. Thanks Mike.
  16. Ice Cream Man #5: this is beautiful and haunting and weird and delightful. Immortal Hulk #3: still fucking great. Infinity Countdown #5: Jesus...how much longer does this shit go on? Jessica Jones #1: basically unreadable. Comics: 96 Trades: 9 Graphic Novels: 1 Omnibus: 1
  17. When I do get around to watching The Final Deletion , should I go in blind or are there segments / matches that should be seen first?
  18. More of this please! Not neccessarily with Dave* because, as Mike noted, a lot of staff/contributors are wrestling fans. Also, if Mike ever gets around to watching The Final Deletion, that'd be worth a segment on its own! *Nothing wrong with Dave's contribution, save for his Brock Lesnar rant. He's entitled to his stupid opinion of course, but making the link that Jinder Mahal being a more interesting top guy than Brock is palpably absurd.
  19. Finally got around to watching Batman v. Superman and Justice League.
  20. Hannah and Jim are back, and this time around they offer an apology to Antony Johnston, then they discuss Kingdom Hearts III, Destiny 2, and Black Leopard, Red Wolf by Marlon James. [ 47:05 || 24.9 MB ]
  21. Well, vinyl has made a comeback in recent years, so hey, Dan's people have re-found him.
  22. That was an excellent cap to a terrific season. Hell, I would be happy if this is where the show ended. They even baked in an in-continuity reason for the USS Discovery, spore drive, Section 31, and even Michael to never be spoken of in the TOS / TNG eras of Star Trek.
  23. So I finally decided to watch Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. I didn't like the first couple episodes but I got into it after the first story wrapped up and they moved on. I have to say, Sabrina is kind of an asshole and I wasn't expecting that. Almost every crisis is her fault because she does things out of selfishness disguised as love for her friends.
  24. Magnificent Ms. Marvel #2: Solid Spider-Man: Life Story #2: Awesome. Zdarsky is a born Spidey writer. Single Issues: 158 Trade Paperbacks: 3
  1. Load more activity