What should I get my kids: X-Box One or PS4?

Dread

Assuming we will be getting paid by the end of October, we're hoping to shut our children up by getting them either of these two systems for Christmas. I don't think online gameplay is a factor, because I won't be paying extra for it. We will, however, be using it for Netflix. The kids are 7 and 8, but they will have this for five or so years before they can get an upgrade. They love Assassin's Creed even though they've never played it.

Make your case.

Going in fresh, not having any investment or history with the previous systems or their ecosystems... it really doesn't matter.

Netflix is free on both and the big third party games (like Assassin's Creed) are going to end up on everything. I'd lean towards a PS4 because it's doing a bit better right now and will probably have more support from developer's going forward, but just go for whatever has a better Christmas bundle.

Also, take note that there are very little games out for either right now, and even less for young kids.

Going in fresh, not having any investment or history with the previous systems or their ecosystems... it really doesn't matter.

Netflix is free on both and the big third party games (like Assassin's Creed) are going to end up on everything. I'd lean towards a PS4 because it's doing a bit better right now and will probably have more support from developer's going forward, but just go for whatever has a better Christmas bundle.

Also, take note that there are very little games out for either right now, and even less for young kids.

Thanks!

Not even considering a Wii U?

We've had a Wii for a few years and the coolness has worn off. All the kids talk about is "XBox this" and "XBox that" but I'm sure that they just mean a big black cool system with games where you can kill people.

I'd actually say go with a PS3; good game library, is still gonna be supported game wise for at least another two to three years, and still good enough graphics that the kidlets wouldn't feel let down by it. Plus, cheaper.

Hmm...hadn't thought about that.

A solid vote for a block of wood and some imagination, or failing that a job at the local textile mill.

Failing that it's 100% about the game libraries. That and the fact that there's really no difference barring the fact that your kids are saying Xbox a lot. If you tell them you got a PS4 when they specifically asked for an Xbox and then say "It's just as good" you might see a little part of them whither away inside. If they get bored of the Xbone and say they'd have preferred a PS4 then you can point out it's their own fault and make it an important lesson for them in consumer awareness.

This advice from my new book "How to blame your kids for everything".

Yeah, this.

A solid vote for a block of wood and some imagination, or failing that a job at the local textile mill.

Failing that it's 100% about the game libraries. That and the fact that there's really no difference barring the fact that your kids are saying Xbox a lot. If you tell them you got a PS4 when they specifically asked for an Xbox and then say "It's just as good" you might see a little part of them whither away inside. If they get bored of the Xbone and say they'd have preferred a PS4 then you can point out it's their own fault and make it an important lesson for them in consumer awareness.

I like this book already.

I normally don't do two in one day, but:

Dual Post of the Day! :bowdown:

• 1 month later...