Episode 13

RSS

Break out the bubbly! It's the one-year anniversary of For Your Ears Only, and in this extended episode, featuring a walkthrough of Roger Moore's penultimate 007 outing Octopussy, Ian and Adham celebrate with a return appearance from Pandy, a full-length preview of Adham's Mothers' Day tracks (to coincide with North America's own weekend holiday) and a tribute rap made in honor of the Better in the Dark podcast. The rap artist in question is unlikely to ever live it down. [ 3:28:43 || 95.5 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/foryourear...arsonly_013.mp3

I've just listened to the first half hour (as I have yet to finish Octopussy) but must say...

-Happy anniversary to you!

-Congrats on the Main page award

-I meant you did not mention that Jane Seymour played Solitaire not that you forgot her as a plot point.

-Alan Partridge's voice DID ring a bell which makes alot more sense seening as it was Steve Coogan. I truly must seek out this series, now.

-I consider that rap as almost a gift. 'who like to drink tea' was the bit that REALLY got me. Thank you. :happy:

-Skyler

I've just listened to the first half hour (as I have yet to finish Octopussy) but must say...

-Happy anniversary to you!

-Congrats on the Main page award

-I meant you did not mention that Jane Seymour played Solitaire not that you forgot her as a plot point.

-Alan Partridge's voice DID ring a bell which makes alot more sense seening as it was Steve Coogan. I truly must seek out this series, now.

-I consider that rap as almost a gift. 'who like to drink tea' was the bit that REALLY got me. Thank you. :happy:

-Skyler

Thanks on the first two points! With regard to Alan Partridge, first seek out 'Knowing Me Knowing You' before you get hold of the two 'I'm Alan Partridge' series. I'd also recommend 'The Day Today' where the character first appeared on television, although the humour is slightly dated and slightly reliant on knowing British culture from around 1993.

I gotta say the rap was the funniest thing ever on the show thus far. I seriously cracked up throughout, especially when Ian bleeped out his own description of Bond as a "mutha****er".

Adham's songs at the end were really good. I'd easily buy a cd if I were in the UK.

Thanks for answering my e-mails guys!

The Tarzan impression sounds a lot like he's stuck in a washing machine.

Now Andy and Adham need rapper names. Lil Whizzle and Dr Quantum-balls?

Oh, and I bought the EP off iTunes. What percentage of that do you get (if you can say)?

I labelled Andy "Pan-Dub" before Adham's hits got played. But Lil Whizzle and Dr Quantum-balls are definitely getting a mention on FYEO #14!!

The rap at the beginning of the podcast was probably the funniest thing I've heard in weeks. It caused me to laugh nonstop for about a minute at my desk at work ( I think my coworkers now believe that I am quite mad)

They think *you're* quite mad? I'm a white Englishman doing a self-conscious parody rap about a podcast!!

Glad you enjoyed it and welcome to the forums! :yes:

The rap at the beginning of the podcast was probably the funniest thing I've heard in weeks. It caused me to laugh nonstop for about a minute at my desk at work ( I think my coworkers now believe that I am quite mad)

They think *you're* quite mad? I'm a white Englishman doing a self-conscious parody rap about a podcast!!

Glad you enjoyed it and welcome to the forums! :yes:

I think I-Whizzle should make a recording for each of the Earth-2.net podcasts!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey fellows, I was listening to the latest episode of Better In The Dark and Tom mentioned that you had made your own version of their theme song. That was definitely one of the funniest things I've heard in awhile. Maybe I-Whizzle and I should do a song together. lol.

This was the first time I was checking out your podcast and I really enjoyed it. I've never been the biggest Bond fan but I'll definitely be checking out your future episodes.

Happy anniversary and many more!

Hey fellows, I was listening to the latest episode of Better In The Dark and Tom mentioned that you had made your own version of their theme song. That was definitely one of the funniest things I've heard in awhile. Maybe I-Whizzle and I should do a song together. lol.

This was the first time I was checking out your podcast and I really enjoyed it. I've never been the biggest Bond fan but I'll definitely be checking out your future episodes.

Happy anniversary and many more!

In a nutshell:

- Welcome to the forums!

- I'm glad you enjoyed the episode!

- Thank you for not suing me! I was so worried we might have had "beef"!!

And re-reading that last line, I am definately the whitest person I've ever known.... :shakehead:

- Thank you for not suing me! I was so worried we might have had "beef"!!

And re-reading that last line, I am definately the whitest person I've ever known.... :shakehead:

Ian, there are things living in the deep dark places of this world that haven't seen light in a thousand generations that are less white than you. :happy:

Not like me, I'm down with the modern kids and their wrapping music.

That reminds me, I must check out Better in the Dark. Downloading now.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 years later...