Pokemon

Missy

At one point, I had Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold and Crystal at one time. I was addicted and I still have Gold and Crystal. I had an awesome line-up on my Crystal game.

All level 100:

Typhlosion (Fire)

Suicune (Water/Ice)

Lugia (Psychic/Flying)

Electabuzz (Electric)

Houndoom (Fire/Dark)

Mewtwo (Psychic)

I wish they'd make an online-compatible Pokémon game so people could go one-on-one with others anywhere.

I was addicted to Blue, very very addicted. In my opinion, the first Pokemon games are two of the best games of all time in terms of addictiveness, and having created such a huge and immersive world on a mere Gameboy. I didn't enjoy Silver/Gold as much, maybe it was the fact that the game had lost some of it's innocence and become more of a simple marketing exersise, with the inclusion of 100 square more Pokemon and a new world.

Still, facing off against Ash/Red at the very end of Gold/Silver was a severe markout moment. Maybe not as much as capturing Mewtwo, but still.

• 1 month later...

I will have to admit, the pokemon series was hella fun. I still enjoy playing them once in a while on my free time, but i dont like them as much as I did when they first came out, it was almost like a drug. I couldnt stop playing them, untill i beat the games then i quit. Once is good enough. I still have all my games: blue, yellow, gold, crystal, and ruby.

• 5 years later...
Pokémon Black and White Versions Revealed

The much-awaited Generation V games' names have finally been announced. ポケットモンスターブラック Pocket Monsters Black and ポケットモンスターホワイト Pocket Monsters White are set to be released for the Nintendo DS in Japan in late 2010.

The only known Pokémon that will debut with these games are the non-legendary Zorua and its evolution Zoroark, which both feature in the thirteenth movie. The version mascots of these games have not yet been announced.

The April 11, 2010 episode of variety show Pokémon Sunday is set to reveal more information on these games, much as the announcement of Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver preceded its revelation on Pokémon Sunday last May.

Bulbanews will continue to update with up-to-the-minute information as it becomes available.

Source

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't know whether to get X or Y but knowing little about which Pokemon are exclusive to either version it might come down to a coin-flip. Ian and I had a poster of the original 150 Pokemon and weighed up which of Red or Blue we should get, but we've not done that for any game since.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...