Did I just hear that?

Missy

This from a service representative at a certain airlines once, almost 3 years ago when my daughter was 15 months old and we were flying back to Hawaii:

"All right, sir, I have you and your wife in seats 12A and 12B, and the baby in seat 25D."

I took a deep breath and said as calmly as I could "Think about what you just said." I actually had to explain why this fell into the category of Not A Good Idea. Oy.

Well, maybe they wanted to give the baby a window seat? Airlines-we do the little things to piss you off, because we can.

Maybe no one wanted the seat next to the emergency exit.

Well yeah, cause if theirs an emergency, you'd have to help people and no one wants that responsibility.

Especially Larry David

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Today I approached the most bewildered woman in the world.

There, standing in the middle of the book store in which I work, I asked her if she needed help.

I still can't believe the response that followed.

"Are any of these books for sale?"

:doh:

Student written response: "an astronaut is a hero because they can let us know when something may crash into the earth, or save us from something crashing into the earth."

Why do we even have astronauts if they're not going to save us from things crashing into the earth?

Student written response: "an astronaut is a hero because they can let us know when something may crash into the earth, or save us from something crashing into the earth."

Why do we even have astronauts if they're not going to save us from things crashing into the earth?

This is a given. But for grade 12 English?

This is a given. But for grade 12 English?

Astronauts are awesome and I will brook no argument.

And from the American's perspective, at least he spelled it correctly.

The following was said with an odd bit of pride: "I've had, like, seven miscarriages."

Seven foetuses (foetii?) that would rather abort themselves than be born, it would appear.

Dubs, is that now the worst thing I've ever typed? I've been paranoid this last month..... :unsure:

While in the student center today, I overheard a group of geeks (and to be clear, I don't mean that in a condescending tone at all--I mean, duh, look at where we're posting) talking and one of them was playing the opening theme to Tim Burton's Batman and someone asks him why he's listening to it. Well, one of them blurts out, "I still like that movie better than the new ones."

emotsuicidevu0.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Upon perusing this dating site for what will likely be the last time, I came upon the profile of a girl that described herself as a "grammer natzi".

Oh lord!

A guy who had to be at least 35 years old ran and stopped me as I was leaving the campus library to tell me how attractive I am.

And your response was...?

A guy who had to be at least 35 years old ran and stopped me as I was leaving the campus library to tell me how attractive I am.

And your response was...?

"Okay."

And then I walked away. It didn't offend me or anything, but it was still creepy since the dude was at least 10 years older than me. And although I'm closing in on 26, I can easily pass for 16 or 17.