Top 10 Most Powerful Superheroes

DanMan

What about Flash? No love? The guy can move at lightspeed... I think that'd give him the edge over a lot of heroes... can't hit what you can't see.

Fast does not equal powerful. In truth, however, if the Flash punched you while running at top speed he'd cause a nuclear explosion -- so I guess that is powerful, but DC doesn't write him that way.

I've never really understood the physics of the Flash. If he moves that fast, wouldn't he shatter his hand when he punched you? He must have super strength to be able to turn and control himself at high speeds, which means he is a lot more powerful than they show. At the very least his body has to have the power to take huge punishments just from the air against his body(particularly his eyes). This goes for any super fast character.

I think we're all ignoring the obvious fact that the most powerful superhero of all time is obviously Jubilee.

Wasn't there a gag in an issue of What If? where Jubilee became the herald of Galactus?

That I'm not sure of. However, I did ponder that one of this week's Marvel Comics HOLY SHIT~!! moments would be Jubilee killing the Silver Surfer. :laugh:

Thinking about the thread more seriously, I think my pick for the number one spot would be The Sentry. The power of a million exploding suns is quite a lot.

"Power or 1000 exploding suns" or "Power of exaggerated power". Dude got owned by Ultron and last time I checked Ultron is merely a very advanced robot that does not possess the power of any exploding suns. Methinks the Sentry's game is severely overrated.

Thinking about the thread more seriously, I think my pick for the number one spot would be The Sentry. The power of a million exploding suns is quite a lot.

"Power or 1000 exploding suns" or "Power of exaggerated power". Dude got owned by Ultron and last time I checked Ultron is merely a very advanced robot that does not possess the power of any exploding suns. Methinks the Sentry's game is severely overrated.

Agreed. And I'm glad. I like him but I don't want him to have godlike power.

Human torch?

Is the juniur member of on of the worlds oldest super-teams. The man has been practically a sidekick for decades.

Really the most powerful are Dr Strange or Silver Surfer.

Hasn't Sentry broken through Strange's forcefields? The part about Sentry being a basketcase is true but if he gets pushed too far dosen't the Void pop out? The guy who broke every bone in the Hulk's body? Silver Surfer is number one.

Well, by that logic, Gambit could possibly destroy all solid matter in the universe (it would just take a death wish and a lot of time and effort). I don't think this list is necessarily about potential. Just because someone is physically capable of doing something, doesn't mean they would, under ANY circumstance. For instance, just because Peter Parker could kill an average human without breaking a sweat, doesn't mean he ever should or would. Take the Flash comparison, he would die if he punched somebody at a full run (he'd have to stop to transfer the energy, if his body was capable of withstanding that deceleration, he'd be invulnerable).

I don't really like lists like this. Way too many variables. Some ground rules must be set to really get direct comparisons, and even then, they'd only be applicable to that situation. Discussions could be a lot of fun with the right set of circumstances though.

I don't really like lists like this. Way too many variables. Some ground rules must be set to really get direct comparisons, and even then, they'd only be applicable to that situation. Discussions could be a lot of fun with the right set of circumstances though.

I'm all for this, Marv. Feel free to start a new thread, one where we can outline the ground rules, and we'll take it from there.