Everything Marvel

JackFetch

Marvel Studios

(Development and release dates for licensed

properties are controlled by studio partners)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Licensed Marvel Character Feature Film Line-Up For 2006

Film/Character Studio/Distributor Status

X-Men 3 Fox Released May 26, 2006

Licensed Marvel Character Feature Film Line-Up For 2007

Ghost Rider Sony In post-production, February

16, 2007 release

Spider-Man 3 Sony In production, May 4, 2007

release

Fantastic Four 2 Fox In early pre-production, June

15, 2007 release (1)

Film Projects Being Developed by Marvel (Partial List)

The first two films are anticipated for release in 2008.

Film/Character Studio Status

Ant-Man Marvel Writer and director engaged

Captain America Marvel Writer engaged

The Incredible Hulk Marvel Writer and director engaged (1)

Iron Man Marvel Writer and director engaged,

slated for May 2, 2008 (1)

Nick Fury Marvel Writer engaged

Thor Marvel Writer engaged

The Avengers, Black Panther, Cloak & Dagger, Doctor Strange, Hawkeye,

Power Pack and Shang-Chi are also projects to be developed by Marvel.

Licensed Marvel Character Film Development Pipeline (Partial List)

Wolverine Fox TBD

The Punisher 2 Lions Gate TBD

Magneto Fox TBD

Namor Universal TBD

Luke Cage Sony TBD

Marvel Character Animated TV Projects in Development

Character Studio Status

Fantastic Four Moonscoop SAS 26, 30 minute episodes airing

(France) in 2006; U.S. distribution

expected on Cartoon Network

Wolverine First Serve Toonz 26, 30 minute episodes in

(India) development

Iron Man Method Films 26, 30 minute episodes in

(France) development

Marvel Character Animated Direct-to-Video Projects in Development

Partnership with Lions Gate to develop, produce and distribute

original animated DVD features. Titles include: Ultimate Avengers

(released February 21, 2006), Ultimate Avengers 2 (scheduled for

August 8, 2006), Iron Man and Doctor Strange.

Marvel Character Live Action TV Projects (Partial List)

Blade, began airing on Spike TV in June 2006 (1); Alter Ego and Skrull

Kill Krew in development.

2006 Video Game Releases

(Release date controlled by Publishing partner)

Publisher Character group Release

Activision X-Men 3 Released Q2 2006 (1)

Activision Marvel: Ultimate Alliance To be released Q4 2006 (1)

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060807/20060807005366.html?.v=1

I'm not really excited about Ant Man, but the rest sound cool.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

YAY!

Spider-Man 3

Iron Man

Cloak & Dagger

Doctor Strange

The Punisher 2

Wolverine

Luke Cage

Meh.

Ghost Rider

Fantastic Four 2

Thor

Black Panther

Shang-Chi

Namor

We'll see.

Ant-Man

Captain America

The Incredible Hulk

Nick Fury

The Avengers

Hawkeye

Power Pack

Magneto

Huh?

Alter Ego

Skrull Kill Krew

I really don't see the point of doing a Magneto movie.

Doctor Strange won't translate very well.

Nick Fury might end up like Rambo.

Power Pack = lame.

Avengers movie with a Cap movie already scheduled = Cap-less Avengers movie

Thor movie hopefully won't do much Asgard stuff

Luke Cage movie could be awesome if done right, but will probably star a rapper

Fantastic 4 movie should be alot better than the first

I really don't see the point of doing a Magneto movie.

I do. His backstory is rich with possibilities. Exploring his early life, as this will be a prequel, will help us further understand where he's coming from.

Doctor Strange won't translate very well.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: a mature-themed HBO / Showtime cartoon, like the Spawn cartoon from 10 years ago, would rock! A movie? Not so much.

Nick Fury might end up like Rambo.

Hopefully it's more like Mission: Impossible.

Power Pack = lame.

Naw! This could be a really cute family, action / adventure film like Spy Kids. Sure, a Saturday morning cartoon would be better, but this has potential.

Avengers movie with a Cap movie already scheduled = Cap-less Avengers movie

Not quite. Since Marvel is producing both the Cap and Avengers films (as well as Iron Man, Black Panther, Thor, Ant-Man and Hawkeye, who are all Avengers), crossovers are more likely.

Thor movie hopefully won't do much Asgard stuff

Though I agree, setting it in a fantasy realm would set it apart from the superhero norm. Though I'm fearful a hip, young, slang-spewing blond kid is going to find the hammer. "Fo shizzle! Thou hast insulted my honor!"

Luke Cage movie could be awesome if done right, but will probably star a rapper

Set it in the 70s, give it that Blacksploitation vibe, cast Ving Rhames as Cage and let Quentin Tarantino direct it!

Fantastic 4 movie should be alot better than the first

Mmh. My hopes are very, very low.

They said everything they needed to say in the first XMen movie about Magneto's origin.

The Power Pack is the dumbest comic book ever. I'm sure it will be a family move, but i hate that comic with a passion.

I like your idea for Luke Cage, but it won't happen. A film like that these days would come off as racist unless Tarantino directs it, and we know he won't.

Mission Impossible was a horrible movie.

I don't think they will do crossovers in movies because of the commitments they would have to get from actors. If they did an Avengers movie, and a Cap movie and they weren't the same guy it would be weird.

Thinking about it further, I don't want a Thor movie. It won't translate very well.

Dr. Strange is too trippy for live action.

Fantastic4 2 will be better. I wake up and tell myself this every day.

They said everything they needed to say in the first XMen movie about Magneto's origin.

Mmh. I don't think so. There's so much more, such as how he went from a scrawny kid interned in a concentration camp to the leader of a pro-mutant revolution. What got him from Point A to B? When and how did he meet Xavier? Did he ever have a wife and kids, and where are they now? I'm telling you, a Journeys of Magneto type movie or TV show has loads of potential.

The Power Pack is the dumbest comic book ever. I'm sure it will be a family move, but i hate that comic with a passion.

Can't comment about the comic, 'cause I've never read it, but a good PP movie could hook very young kids on comics. And that's always a good thing.

I like your idea for Luke Cage, but it won't happen. A film like that these days would come off as racist unless Tarantino directs it, and we know he won't.

Not if it's done tongue-in-cheek, or handled by people who respect the genre (such as Tarantino). Frankly, there's no other way to do a Power Man / Luke Cage film. He was born out of that era; might as well respect and acknowledge that. And like an Asgard-set Thor film, a superhero-ish Blacksploitation picture set in the 70s would separate it from the flock.

Mission Impossible was a horrible movie.

By no means is it a masterpiece, but it is what it is: an adrenaline pumping, summer action flick. A Nick Fury / SHIELD movie needs to be that. Or Crimson Tide.

I don't think they will do crossovers in movies because of the commitments they would have to get from actors. If they did an Avengers movie, and a Cap movie and they weren't the same guy it would be weird.

Sign everyone to two- or three-movie deals, as is the norm, and it's a nonissue. Rumor has it that the third picture in both Christian Bale and Brandon Routh's respective Batman and Superman contracts is a Superman / Batman crossover.

Thinking about it further, I don't want a Thor movie. It won't translate very well.

Search the old threads and you'll see my concerns with adapting Captain America. Same applies here: in the right hands, this could be an epic period piece dealing with mankind's movement away from polytheism, gods learning humility, father-son relationships and so much more. In the wrong hands, however, you get my previous "Fo shizzle" example.

In the end, I can do without a Thor movie. Since it's slated, let's hope it isn't being produced simply as an excuse to showoff the latest CG lightning effects.

Mmh. I don't think so. There's so much more, such as how he went from a scrawny kid interned in a concentration camp to the leader of a pro-mutant revolution. What got him from Point A to B? When and how did he meet Xavier? Did he ever have a wife and kids, and where are they now? I'm telling you, a Journeys of Magneto type movie or TV show has loads of potential.

Bear in mind that in the original X-Men film, Magneto goes from a 9-11 year old boy to a guy who's pushing 60, there's fifty years of mutant activism left unaccounted for (save for his brief appearence in X3 at the home of Jean Grey).

• 2 months later...

Here is the new one:

Ghost Rider, Sony - In post-production, February 16, 2007 release

Spider-Man 3, Sony - In production, May 4, 2007 release

Fantastic Four 2, Fox - In production, June 15, 2007 release

Film Projects Being Developed by Marvel (Partial List)

Iron Man, Marvel - Writer & director engaged, slated for May 2, 2008

The Incredible Hulk, Marvel - Writer and director engaged, slated for June 27, 2008 release

Ant-Man, Marvel - Writer and director engaged

Captain America, Marvel - Writer engaged

Nick Fury, Marvel - Writer engaged

Thor, Marvel - Writer engaged

The Avengers, Marvel - Writer engaged

Black Panther, Cloak & Dagger, Doctor Strange, Hawkeye, Power Pack and Shang-Chi are other projects that may be developed by Marvel.

Licensed Marvel Character Film Development Pipeline (Partial List)

Wolverine, Fox - TBD

The Punisher 2, Lionsgate - TBD

Magneto, Fox - TBD

Namor, Universal - TBD

Marvel Character Animated TV Projects in Development

Wolverine, First Serve Toonz (India) - 26, 30 minute episodes in development

Iron Man, Method Films (France) - 26, 30 minute episodes in development

Marvel Character Animated Direct-to-Video Projects in Development

Partnership with Lionsgate to develop, produce and distribute original animated DVD features. Titles include: Iron Man (scheduled for release in 2007) and Doctor Strange.

Marvel Character Live Action TV Projects (Partial List)

Alter Ego, Moon Knight and Skrull Kill Krew in development.

2007 Video Game Releases

Take-Two, Ghost Rider - Q1 2007

Konami, Marvel Vs. Card Game - Q1 2007

Activision, Spider-Man 3 - Q2 2007

Take-Two, Fantastic Four II - Q2 2007

Electronic Arts, Marvel Nemesis 2 - Q4 2007

Activision, Spider-Man Trilogy - Q4 2007

I'm a little disappointed in the video games. No new X-Men Legends or Marvel Ultimate Alliance games scheduled for next year. I bet that will changed though.

I just don't think any of these will work. Maybe Ant-Man but the writing would have to be PERFECT. And well, that just isn't going to happen.

Iron Man, Method Films (France) - 26, 30 minute episodes in development

:w00t:

I just don't think any of these will work. Maybe Ant-Man but the writing would have to be PERFECT. And well, that just isn't going to happen.

I hope they take the Irredeemable Ant-Man route, and cast Simon Pegg as Eric O'Grady / Ant-Man.

What the hell is the Skull Kill Krew going to be about?

In a very early issue of Fantastic Four, the FF fought and defeated a group of Skrulls. Instead of killing the aliens and / or shipping them off-world, Reed brainwashed the shapeshifters into thinking they were cows and allowed them to live a life of peace grazing grass 'til the end of their days.

Trouble is, cows tend to get slaughtered for meat... and that's what happened here. Several humans who consumed said meat not only gained the shapeshifting abilities of the Skrulls, but also a deep hatred for the aliens. These human / Skrull hybrids then took it upon themselves to hunt down and kill any Skrulls residing on Earth.

Never read it myself, but it's supposed to be quite good. The series was co-written by Grant Morrison and Mark Millar, and, if I'm not mistaken, this was their earliest Marvel work.

What the hell is the Skull Kill Krew going to be about?

In a very early issue of Fantastic Four, the FF fought and defeated a group of Skrulls. Instead of killing the aliens and / or shipping them off-world, Reed brainwashed the shapeshifters into thinking they were cows and allowed them to live a life of peace grazing grass 'til the end of their days.

Trouble is, cows tend to get slaughtered for meat... and that's what happened here. Several humans who consumed said meat not only gained the shapeshifting abilities of the Skrulls, but also a deep hatred for the aliens. These human / Skrull hybrids then took it upon themselves to hunt down and kill any Skrulls residing on Earth.

Never read it myself, but it's supposed to be quite good. The series was co-written by Grant Morrison and Mark Millar, and, if I'm not mistaken, this was their earliest Marvel work.

Ahh ok that sounds kinda cool actually, but how would they be able to work that as a series? They'd have to change thier origin a bit as I doubt they would want to explain all that stuff with the FF.

It could be done through vague flashbacks and half memories, making it so the FF are seen only in shadow.

Or... there's actually a bit I left out: at one point the Skrulls regained their normal forms, but were changed back into cows by the government. So that opens the door for leaving the FF out, and would allow for their origin to be done tongue-in-cheek. Like, say, the government has a no-kill policy when it comes to Skrulls (for fear of starting an intergalactic war) so all hostile Skrulls, upon capture, are turned into animals. And this group was the cow group.

Or... there's actually a bit I left out: at one point the Skrulls regained their normal forms, but were changed back into cows by the government. So that opens the door for leaving the FF out, and would allow for their origin to be done tongue-in-cheek. Like, say, the government has a no-kill policy when it comes to Skrulls (for fear of starting an intergalactic war) so all hostile Skrulls, upon capture, are turned into animals. And this group was the cow group.

I'd rather go this route because if not you'd pretty much have to have your first episode center around the FF. Even if just in vauge flashbacks they would still overshadow the show...

I hope they take the Irredeemable Ant-Man route, and cast Simon Pegg as Eric O'Grady / Ant-Man.

Let me preface this with "this is not a personal attack, I'm just using it as an example".

What you have done just there is what is wrong with the target market for these movies. People hear a rumor about a movie and straight away have an idea in their head of which 'story arc', 'which actor', etc and all they are doing is setting themselves up for a disappointment and setting the film makers up for poor ticket sales. No wonder the studios either stay far away from them or go on an alternate tangent, to avoid too much conflict with the source material.

And while yes we can argue that it isn't too hard to do it right, building ideas of 'the perfect way' to do something is just a set up for disappointment.

I think we can all agree though, that they need to make less films, at better quality, instead of more with lower budgets.

I'm not setting myself up for disappointment; I'm simply noting what my ideal Ant-Man movie would be. However, I'll be pleased if they go with Hank Pym or Scott Lang, cast it right and produce a good film. All I want is a good movie, no matter which Ant-Man they choose.

• 6 months later...

1st quarter 07 report is out:

Ghost Rider - Sony - Released February 16, 2007

Spider-Man 3 - Sony - Released May 4, 2007

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer - Fox - June 15, 2007 release

Film Projects Being Developed by Marvel – partial list

Iron Man - Marvel - Principal photography in progress; May 2, 2008 release

The Incredible Hulk - Marvel - Pre-production, June 13, 2008 release

Ant-Man - Marvel - Writer and director engaged

Captain America - Marvel - Writer engaged

Nick Fury - Marvel - Writer engaged

Thor - Marvel - Writer engaged

The Avengers - Marvel - Writer engaged

Marvel Character Animated TV Projects

Fantastic Four - Moonscoop SAS (France) - 26, 30 minute episodes; U.S. distribution on Cartoon Network started in September 2006; scheduled to relaunch in June 2007

Spider-Man - Sony - In development; US distribution agreement with Kids’ WB!

Wolverine and the X-Men - First Serve Toonz (India) - 26, 30 minute episodes in development

Iron Man - Method Films (France) - 26, 30 minute episodes in development

Marvel Character Animated Direct-to-DVD Projects

The Invincible Iron Man - Lionsgate - Released January 2007

Doctor Strange - Lionsgate - August 14, 2007 release

Teen Avengers - Lionsgate - Targeted July 2008 release (

Marvel Character Live Stage Projects

Spider-Man the Musical - Hello Entertainment/David Garfinkle, Martin McCallum, Marvel Entertainment, SONY Pictures Entertainment - In development/opening date to be determined; Julie Taymor director; music & lyrics by U2’s Bono and The Edge;

2007 – 2008 Video Game Releases

Take-Two - Ghost Rider - Released Q1 2007

Konami - Marvel Vs. Card Game - Released Q1 2007

Activision - Spider-Man 3 - Released Q2 2007

Take-Two - Fantastic Four II - Q2 2007

Sega - Iron Man - Targeted 2008

Sega - The Incredible Hulk - Targeted 2008

Yes, you read that right. A Spider-Man musical stage show with music by Bono.

• 1 month later...
ComingSoon.net/Superhero Hype! talked to Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige on the set of Iron Man on Wednesday about the company's future slate. What's next for the company, which has both the Jon Favreau-directed project and The Incredible Hulk hitting theaters next year?

"I have a writer on 'Captain America' right now, hoping to get a director on that very soon to get that into the pipeline within the next year. Same thing with 'Thor,'" said Feige. "Mark Protosevich has delivered a 'Thor' script, David Self is writing 'Captain America.'"

Feige talked a bit more about Captain America: "We'll have to play with Captain America as being a patriotic propoganda machine on one hand but also being a very human Steve Rogers interesting fascinating hero in his own right." Is the script they're developing a period piece? "Right now what we're developing would be about half and half."

And what is the status of the Wolverine spinoff? "We have not signed a director yet, Fox has not signed a director yet... there's a lot of people in the mix. It's hard, I think it's very close. I think 'Wolverine' will be released first [before 'Magneto']."

He added that for The Punisher 2, "Lionsgate is putting that one together with us right now. I think they'll be announcing a director in the near future and another star in the near future. The only reason I have any interest in doing another 'Punisher' movie is to do a better 'Punisher' movie. And if Marvel felt we wouldn't be able to do that, we wouldn't make it. We have a director, we'd like to announce an actor and a director together."

What about a Ghost Rider 2, any plans? "Not that I've heard, I know they're promoting the DVD right now. But no discussions yet."

For the big screen Sub-Mariner adaptation, "Jonathan Mostow is doing a rewrite on [self's] script with the intention to direct and that script should be coming in in a few weeks."

Feige said that an Avengers movie could be possible in the future. "What was preventing certain characters from crossing over in the past is they were all divvied up for different studios with gates between them and they couldn't play in the same sandbox. Now we have Hulk, and Thor and Captain and Iron Man and Ant Man... it would certainly indicate to me that it might be fun to see them all in the sandbox at one point. But certainly we're introducing them and building them in their own franchises first." Zak Penn will write the script for the film.

Any chance of a Marvel Zombies adaptation? "'Marvel Zombies' would be pretty cool," said Feige, who added that he'd also love to "put a 'Power Pack' script into development, I'd love to do a PG sort've 'Goonies'-style, those films I love as a kid in the '80s growing up. I'd love to do something like that with 'Power Pack."

After the Iron Man movie (stay tuned for lots more from the set!), the second one out of the gate for Marvel Studios' independently-produced slate is "Hulk." "'The Hulk' movie will be different from the first one 'cause this one will be good," said Feige. "There are certain elements of the first film that I'm proud of, there are other elements that I'm not. In looking to reboot and start the franchise fresh and new, we wanted to start with a clean slate."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5855

I like this guy. He's not afraid to say a movie sucked.

I like this guy. He's not afraid to say a movie sucked.

It certainly implies that Thomas Jane is no longer a cert for the sequel. I still don't know if I thought he was good or bad, even if the movie as a whole was bad. I'll get round to reviewing it, although I'll probably hold it off until nearer the sequel's release (as I did for the X-Men films, and will do for the Batman series). Same with Hulk.

If Edgar Wright is directing Ant-Man, I'd have NO qualms about them pulling a "Mask" and using it as a star vehicle for Simon Pegg. Mainly because, whilst Marvel heroes have substantially more fan pressure to have their characters treated properly, this is a hero who is under the radar of the general public enough to have a humourous treatment. Not neccessarily a parody (because we have an upcoming Superhero! from David Zucker to enjoy) but a film that takes a different angle on a minor character. Treating a minor hero with reverance does not always make for the most memorable of films (hello there Ghost Rider!!).