Missy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

I chuckled at @The Master's tweet, even though I fully sympathize with his mini-rant.

You know, it's funny, all of my life I have felt the pressure to go into work when sick - stuff has to get done. That has totally flipped in 2020.

Now, the policy at my job is that if you're symptomatic with anything, they want you to stay home.

I'm glad I now have the option to work from home, when we do go back to normal and are in the office.

Interestingly enough, 2020 has probably been the best year for me, healthwise, since before I had cancer in the mid 1990's. Not kidding.

• 1 year later...

Me: My PTO is off by two days. Can we go over that together?

HR: Sure.

Me: Two of my sick days were erroneously marked as vacation days. Here's the requests I filed. See here, I requested sick time, not vacation time.

HR: We'll fix that this time. Next time make sure you mark them as sick days, not vacation days. Okay?

Me: *points at document noting I did mark them as sick days*

HR: That is correct. Make sure you get that right next time.

Me:

jackie-chan-confused.jpg

On 8/25/2022 at 11:28 AM, Missy said:

Me: Two of my sick days were erroneously marked as vacation days. Here's the requests I filed. See here, I requested sick time, not vacation time.

HR: We'll fix that this time. Next time make sure you mark them as sick days, not vacation days. Okay?

Me:

jackie-chan-confused.jpg

LOL

I had an issue some years back where I sent a report to a vendor. They called me and asked where it was.

Me - "I sent it to you."

Them - "What address did you use?"

Me - "I sent it to X."

Them - "Don't send it there. That mailbox is not monitored. Send it to Y."

Me - "Someone read it. I have a read receipt in Outlook. I am looking at it right now. Do you want me to forward it to you?"

Them - "Let me look... Oh, never mind. We got it."

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2022 at 8:28 AM, Missy said:

Me:

jackie-chan-confused.jpg

I have had the same issue last year. I ended the conversation with "this is all fine and good, but I am going to need an acknowledgement that I am not at fault here." People at the board office don't like me very much. Haha!

Round about late June / early July I told HR I was maybe -- stress maybe -- thinking about adding Shana to my insurance at the start of August because her contract job was coming to a close. Never did I approve the change; I simply wanted to know if it could be done mid-year, and was giving them a heads up in case we decided to go that route.

Well, apparently someone in HR (and there's only one person, so) took that to mean, yes, add Shana to Mike's insurance without double checking.

When did I learn this? When my most recent check was short $200.

After a week-plus of no answers, HR is blaming "the new system" for adding Shana to my policy, thus taking no responsibility and never once apologizing for the error or shorting me money while we're a one-income household.