Did I just hear that?

Missy

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I overheard a boy of 12 or so tell his friends in a smug "I know this and you don't" way that the earth will spiral into the sun in 100 years. He was serious.

Wait... what? Did he say 100 years exactly or is he estimating?

Shit... there goes my 175 year plan...

Also, one of my co-workers is a Marxist, and he's actually able to defy the law of averages by every single statement he makes being the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life up to that point.

While at work, an older gentleman took it up on himself to lecture me about the quality of customer service and the way that we let our day-to-day tasks become prioritized at the expense of the customer. It was important, he felt very strongly, that these tasks had to come in second to customer service.

Of course, what actually came out of his mouth was, "Duties are number two! Duties are number two!" Over and over and over again. I'm twelve, so I literally had to stab myself in the thumb with a staple remover to stop from giggling.

I overheard a boy of 12 or so tell his friends in a smug "I know this and you don't" way that the earth will spiral into the sun in 100 years. He was serious.

Wait... what? Did he say 100 years exactly or is he estimating?

Shit... there goes my 175 year plan...

Yeah, it was like "Scientists know this" kind of smarm. No estimating, just flat out BS.

• 2 weeks later...
You know what I heard? That Scooby-Doo is one of the dumbest cartoons ever and Underdog is a classic.

I concur, personally.

Yeah... I'm not seeing where the breakdown in logic occurs here, top be honest. Underdog = Awesome. It's a proven statement of fact.