This week's episode of Shotgun may be one of the worst hours of wrestling ever televised. It includes a Todd Pettengill / Honky Tonk Man duet, and a fake sex tape that may out Sunny as a furry. (You can't make this stuff up.) Superstars and Raw fare better thanks to the first interview of the year from one of the greatest mic masters in the history of professional wrestling: the one and only Ahmed Johnson. [ 1:48:57 || 52.7 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/acureforthecommonpodcast/episodes/cure_02.mp3

The All Star Cafe was run by the same folks who run the Planet Hollywood "franchise" and when the All Star Cafe ceased to be, the spot became a Planet Hollywood, and is still there to this day, though an Olive Garden wannabe franchise tourist trap with a Pizzeria flare of a decor, I guess since I've never been in it yet (maybe I'll venture in for a brew next time I'm in the area) is in the same building space.

Oddly enough, ESPN put a Sports Zone themed restaurant about a block down the same Times Square strip, which incidentally was across the avenue from where the WWF would put WWF NY/The World. The Sports Zone would last about 10 years there before closing up shop a few years ago.

And incidentally, the Hard Rock Cafe moved from their iconic home in NYC, off of the East Side of the Theater District (since IIRC the early 1980s) to replace The World in 2003ish, and is still there to this day.

That's more info than you ever wanted to know about a Times Square Tourist Trap Sports Themed Franchise Restaurant...though if you ask me, Buffalo Wild Wings, without the Tourist Trap aspect and "unique" memorabilia on the wall, was able to nail the concept of a Sports Bar as a American Themed Chain Restaurant that liters both the suburban and urban landscapes.

Just caught up with the first two episodes and I'm enjoying the show immensely. I didn't really get into wrestling until the tail end of the attitude era so this is covering a time in the business that a know very little about.

Shotgun Saturday Night sounds like a glorious car crash of a show. I intend to see if I can find any of it on YouTube as I feel it's something that should be experienced in all its awfulness. I had no idea that at one point Glen Jacobs was Cosplay Diesel. I can't get enough of Vince's insane business ideas.

Just caught up with the first two episodes and I'm enjoying the show immensely. I didn't really get into wrestling until the tail end of the attitude era so this is covering a time in the business that a know very little about.

Shotgun Saturday Night sounds like a glorious car crash of a show. I intend to see if I can find any of it on YouTube as I feel it's something that should be experienced in all its awfulness. I had no idea that at one point Glen Jacobs was Cosplay Diesel. I can't get enough of Vince's insane business ideas.

Sadly, or maybe fortunately, Shotgun Saturday doesn't have very much longer to go in that concept.

I don't know if Hammerstein Ballroom counts since it is still being used to this day as a wrestling venue (this year for both TNA and ROH), not to mention the NYC home for ECW and Raw's NYC home for many of its first episodes, but I guess it kind of closes out the "non typical arena shows" in late February (aired 3/1) following the previous week in the Nashville Arena.

• 2 weeks later...